Trying to Coexist

Ch.16

Mother.

Your eyes snap open as you sit up immediately, waking up from the deep dream. Another one. You were coughing and gasping for air before you let your body fall back on the mattress. What type of dream is supposed to squeeze all the air out of your lungs? Groaning softly, you felt your chest aching and it felt unfair. You couldn't figure out why these dreams were happening in the first place. They occurred so many times at the same place and the same female figure appears. They're not always the same as they play through your head like a lost memory. Bringing a hand to your damp forehead, you felt tired of those...nightmares? Nothing scary or frightening occurred though. It was quite the opposite. Each dream felt more calming and blissful than the last, pulling you in and not wanting you to wake up.

What kind of dream does that? This time you were roaming around the palace in long dress that had a bunch of sheer layers. It was a mixture of black and grey layers on top of each other with a few star shaped jewels on the torso part of the dress. It puffed out like a ball gown and when you looked at yourself passing by a mirror, it made you feel like a princess. What were you doing in such a dress? Where even were you? The flowy grey material at the bottom dress made you feel like you were a walking cloud or that the dress turned into fog. The dress was ethereal and you only grew more confused on why you were wearing it. Just as you thought that, the woman in her black dress appeared. She was holding a large silver halo crown in her hands. You were walking towards the crown like you were in a trance yet it all felt off.

Then you woke up. It always left you feeling conflicted. You were glad to be out of the dream, but it always left you with so many questions. Would you get answers if you continued to stay in it? They were just dreams though...frowning to yourself, you lift up your pillow to see the amethyst sitting there as always. It was there. No. Furrowing your brows, you grabbed the amethyst with a nervous feeling in your stomach. You were scared that it wasn't working anymore. You don't think you could take having these dreams every night again until it clicked in your head. The amethyst just needs to be cleansed! That's all! Then everything will be fine and you can sleep peacefully. No more weird dreams...you hope.

You're not really good at cleansing your own crystals though. Normally you ask Sohyun since she's like a professional at it. Turning the amethyst over in your hands, you sighed heavily. Did you overload it with negative energy? You know Sohyun cleanses the necklace she has around her neck every two weeks. It helps her get rid of anxious energy and thoughts. Even with the wardrobe change, you're glad Sohyun still wears all her crystals. If she were to take them off completely then you'd probably pick a fight with Kyujung and Taehyung. No doubt it would be one of their faults or possibly both! Your trust levels with them were incredibly low if that wasn't obvious enough.

Getting up from your bed, you placed the amethyst on Sohyun's desk and wrote her a note. It was just asking her the favor to cleanse the crystal for you since it's been a while. The note was vague on purpose since you didn't want her worrying about you. These dreams weren't particularly your favorite, but you were fine. They didn't leave you screaming or afraid so you suppose they were manageable. They were still extremely strange though. Why were they constantly happening? You got dressed for the day, glancing at Sohyun's sleeping form just once before you left the dorm. You don't even know where you're going yet you eventually found yourself entering the male dorm that Namjoon and Hoseok stayed at.

It didn't seem like any of the guys in this building were up yet. This place was dead silent and the only reason you managed to get in was because a couple guys had early morning classes. They let you slip in as you walked down the familiar hall. You soon came to a stop in front of their door, listening quietly to hear if they were awake or not. From the sounds of it you could only pick up on soft snoring. Pulling out your phone from your pocket, you dial Namjoon and hear his phone go off. You wait outside as you hear both boys shuffle in the room. You start to knock your knuckles against their door now that they're properly awake.