Reality

Ch.55

"(F/n)? Wake up. Wake up!" Jimin's voice was full of panic and naturally so.

He had been sleeping peacefully when he woke up by a constant sound entering his ears. He wasn't sure what it was. The blonde barely opened his eyes, remembering they came to Mercury to sleep the night. The curtains around the room weren't stretched out to cover the windows seeing as it was still dark on Mercury. Day wouldn't be for a while with how long the days and nights were here on Mercury. That was something that left Jimin confused when he first woke up. He was so used to the short days on Jupiter that he was wondering what was going on. Everything in his head was jumbled up that he had no idea what woke him up anymore.

Jimin yawned, his eyes opening up some more when he felt movement against him. The sound greeted his ears again except Jimin could finally register what it was. Whimpering. The Prince became stiff when he noticed you moving in your sleep. You weren't staying still as incoherent words left your mouth. You were sweating with clear distress on your face. Obviously Jimin couldn't stand to see you like this so he nudged your shoulder in hopes of waking you up. The only thing was that you were stuck in whatever nightmare you were in.

Why weren't you waking up?

Jimin was panicking as he moved your shoulder. He knew Jungkook was a deep sleeper, but this was too much. At least Jungkook would stir and Jimin was able to tell there was a conscious being in there. With you, you ignored him as if he weren't there despite his attempts to wake you up. Jimin spoke louder but that wasn't getting through to you. How does he wake you up? The boy nervously chewed on his bottom lip, pushing himself up onto his knees so he could grab onto your shoulders. You didn't even respond to him lifting up your body. It was alarming Jimin as he shook you a little more aggressively, but you weren't waking up to his dismay.

"(F/n)!!" Jimin shouted. His heart was racing as he looked over his shoulder to stare at the door. Should he try to get help? But he didn't really know his way around the Mercurian palace and the last thing he wanted was to get targeted by a golem. Jimin wasn't going to give up though as he set you back down on the bed, not liking the hurt expressions you were displaying. "Forgive me, (F/n)." Jimin took in a deep breath as he brought a finger to your lips. They were slightly wet, reacting immediately to the smallest bit of electricity that Jimin let out. You jumped with your eyes opening wide, a harsh gasp escaping you. It felt as if all air had been ripped out of your lungs. They burned with your chest tight and your entire body trembling. "(F/n), you were having a bad nightmare—" Jimin had his brows furrowed in worry when the two of you connected eyes.

From the minute you saw him in front of you all in one piece, you couldn't control your emotions. He was okay. The relief hit you immediately as you threw your arms around Jimin. He was taken aback by the hug, tensing up under your touch at first. He stopped speaking though, eventually relaxing to hug you back. Whatever nightmare you were having, you didn't have to tell Jimin for him to want to comfort you. Seeing how scared you were during your sleep automatically had him wanting to protect you. Now you were thankfully awake. Burying your face into his chest, you held back the tears that were threatening to fall. It was just a dream. You knew that, but...it felt too real.

Jimin let you take all the time you needed. You clutched onto the back of his clothes, waiting until your heavy breathing calmed down. Adrenaline was pumping through you and you felt slightly traumatized from that nightmare alone. You were glad to finally be out of it. Whatever Jimin did, you were thankful he managed to wake you up. Waking you from those dreams was never an easy feat. Sohyun could hardly do it back when you both were younger and they only grew more intense as you got older. That's why you had the crystals in the first place to prevent them, but you didn't have that now. The crystals had easily overcharged and Sohyun was the only one who knew how to cleanse them. So for now, they sat in the bag you packed.