Stagnant

Ch.58

Hoseok dragged Namjoon into a separate room for privacy. It's been a while since they've been on Neptune and this entire time, Namjoon had been trying to be helpful. That, Hoseok could appreciate. He was happy to see that Namjoon wanted to protect Neptune and be a part of the process. That part was great. The fact of the matter was that Namjoon wasn't about to go out there and start fighting anyone. Certainly not on Hoseok's watch. It was these rare times when Hoseok felt like he was babysitting Namjoon and was reminded that he was older by a couple months. Taking care of Namjoon on Neptune was his responsibility. Especially because leaving Namjoon with Father Neptune was not an option and Mother Neptune was hiding in her room due to what's going on outside.

After that loud explosion went off, Hoseok went out to go see what happened. He was willing to take care of anyone he saw out there. His military were out on boats with a few sinking. It got him to grit his teeth, but thankfully Neptunians could survive underwater. It still made Hoseok worry though considering that a bomb went off. Were people injured? He swam over to the area, not caring about the danger as he took on his merman form. Using his control over the water, Hoseok got rid of the foreign ships with large waves. The water rose up with the simple lift of a hand and came crashing down on the Plutonian military. Ships broke in half and were left as nothing. It was a deadly action Hoseok took, but this was war.

He didn't necessarily feel great about it. All it did was leave him bitter. If he could have it his way, he wouldn't gain any blood on his hands. But Hoseok wasn't going to be against the idea too much. It was a difficult situation as is and when he returned to Neptune, he was frustrated to see Namjoon wanting to escape the palace. Namjoon wanted to go up to the surface to check how Hoseok was doing even if with the palace being deep underwater. So many servants were glad when Hoseok arrived, leaving him in charge of dealing with his friend. That's why Hoseok was pulling Namjoon into a separate room for privacy. It wouldn't be the first time the Jovian scolded the telluric.

"You are not being smart right now, Namjoon." Hoseok had his hands on the Mercurian's shoulders. "You should either go to Mercury or Kuiper if you really think you can't go home."

"I'm staying here." Namjoon was stubborn. "I know how you get, Hoseok."

"I'll worry about myself, Joon." Hoseok sighed heavily only to get the taller shaking his head. "Come on. Go to Kuiper and update (F/n) on what's going on with Neptune."

"I can't when I didn't see what was the cause of the explosion." Namjoon crossed his arms. He was being impossible. Hoseok shut his eyes tightly before slapping his hands on the side of Namjoon's face, pulling the Prince down to where he was awkwardly hunched over.

"You know, I love you, Namjoon. You know that?" Hoseok asked to receive a glare.

"Yeh." Namjoon's face too squished to properly enunciate his words.

"You're my little telluric ally which makes you a baby. So by that logic, there is no way in hell—"

"I—I am not a baby." Namjoon pulled off Hoseok's hands. "Hoseok, seriously? I know you. I don't want you overworking yourself with your power. I know you're powerful, but one man can't fight an entire war for his military." Namjoon watched how Hoseok's eyes went down to the floor. It's only because the blue hair was right. "I also know that you can't stand being in the same room as your Appa and I know how he can get with you when Mother Neptune isn't around. I don't want you getting hurt from the war or your own family."

"...you can't defend yourself." Hoseok continued with a frown. It only made Namjoon roll his eyes. He knew he was stubborn, but Hoseok was practically worse when it came to that.