Vulnerability

Ch.57

Choices. That was something that a royal should be more than capable of making. Especially when on the spot and under pressure. Though it currently felt as if Taehyung didn't have that option. There was no choice in this matter. He wanted to save the poisoned protectors despite it being a waste of time at this point. He panicked only to be picked up by the tree again. The tree didn't want Taehyung running off and pulling some stupid stunt based off emotions. The redhead had struggled only to come to his final conclusion. There was no way around this. The poisoned protectors needed to be killed and quickly. That would be hard for him to help with considering how his powers did nothing against his own protectors. He would need to get help.

From the looks of it, there were potentially more poisoned trees than the safe ones. The protectors who didn't possess the burn mark were doing their best to tackle the other trees. Large branches were swinging and the ground felt like it was shaking at times. It helped keep Taehyung in reality. He was standing on his own feet while the protector stared at him expectantly. It waited for some sort of response from the Prince. Taehyung knew that the others were busy and wouldn't be able to help. Then to contact the military would involve entering the palace which he did plan on earlier, but now he wasn't so sure. Were they aware of the poisoned trees in the first place?

"I'll be back...continue to fight." Taehyung instructed reluctantly.

The tree gave a slight nod as their eyes stopped glowing. Their telepathic communication ended with that. The tree turned to face the large open meadow once more, marching off with loud stomps. It headed towards the poisoned trees to battle them. It was a painful sight for Taehyung to see. His heart wouldn't stop aching as he turned away. He didn't even want to see. He knew they were poisoned, but he couldn't help himself. The sympathy he felt was close to making him back down from his plan. He couldn't though. Taehyung took in a deep breath, trying to ignore the sting in his eyes as he chanted the words he needed to in order to teleport back to Kuiper. Within seconds, he was back inside the metallic building to see you staring off at space in complete boredom.

Things were boring all by yourself. Yet you knew now wasn't really time for anything to be for your own amusement. There was a literal war going on and you had your mind stuck on that. What you were trying not to do was get worried over the boys. You hoped they were okay, but you just hoped they didn't get hurt. They better not fight. You can't really trust them to behave though. You were staring at nothing in particular when you noticed a pink flash from the corner of your eye. Immediately turning your head, you blinked in surprise to see Taehyung standing there. Was his visit done? You were going to ask that until you quickly noted the distress on his face. He was so easy to read as he hurried over to you, falling onto his knees and clutching your hands desperately.

"Tae? What's wrong?" You frowned to see him shaking. He buried his head in the fabric of your dress, gripping your hands tightly.

"I-I need your help. Please." Taehyung lifted his head up to look at you. The look on his face was something you've never seen on him before. It instantly had you worried for him. What did he come home to see? Furrowing your brows, you pulled Taehyung up to his feet while squeezing his hands for comfort.

"What's going on? How can I help?" You questioned.

"My protectors have been poisoned...t-they...they need to be killed." Taehyung bit his lip as you understood what he was asking you to do. He didn't have to continue for you to get the picture. It looked like it was tough for him to even say it out loud. Nodding your head, you told Taehyung you were ready to teleport when he was. He took a deep breath before whispering out those few foreign words.

Taehyung had you pulled close to him as the sight of Kuiper disappeared before you. Now you were surrounded by tall grass when you felt the ground shaking. It left you confused until you spotted the giant trees fighting one another. Those must be the Venusian protectors. Nervously licking the bottom your lip, you weren't sure whether to just go ahead and do it or to wait. Taehyung was stiff while holding your hands. He wasn't letting you go which you worried about. You didn't want to accidentally hurt him again. Never did you want to hurt any of the boys with your powers. Taehyung went through it once and it made you feel awful.