Chapter Six

Chapter 6

Season 2, Episode 2

Last night, I didn't get to bed until very late. You would think the reason for that would be because I'm a surgical intern. You would be wrong. I spent all night moving all my things for the second time this month, but I was glad to be out of Alex's apartment. He wasn't there when I got there so I collected my things and left without a fuss. I probably should have left a note but he would figure it out eventually.

Meredith was right though. The only extra room that wasn't the attic, was filled to the ceiling with boxes. I didn't want to move them because I knew it wasn't my place but I could barely get to the mattress in the middle of the room, so I moved some boxes out into the hall. After I woke up, I assumed that everyone was in bed, but as I walk into the bathroom and see Meredith lying on the floor with a hangover, I realize, I assumed wrong.

"Woah, hey, you good Mer?" I ask when I see her on the ground, almost tripping over her. Before she can answer, the shower door slams open and I jump in surprise to see Cristina stilling fully clothed in the empty bathtub.

"You know what? It's not even that Burke broke up with me. It's how he broke up with me. Like it was business-like it was a business transaction. Like he's the boss of me?!" She rants angrily as I walk over Meredith to get to the sink with my toothbrush.

"He is the boss of you," I say smartly as I put toothpaste on my brush and run it under the sink.

"And what's worse is that I care." She sighs before closing the shower door again and Meredith sits up.

"I'm gonna throw up again." She says scooting over to the toilet. All of her hair was going in her face as she leaned over the toilet so I grabbed an elastic and put her hair in a ponytail as she waited for the bile to collect in her throat. Poor girl. I went back to brushing my teeth when I hear Christina open the shower door again.

"The problem is estrogen." She says as Meredith sits back from the toilet and looks at her.

"No, the problem is tequila," Meredith mutters, closing her eyes, hangover obviously hitting her really hard.

"I used to be all business, and then he goes and gets me pregnant." She says and I spit out some toothpaste before turning to her sharply.

"Burke?! Burke is the one that got you pregnant?" Honestly, I can't believe I didn't put it together before when George said he saw them kissing and then what happened in Joe's room.

"Yeah, keep up." She says boredly before Meredith speaks up.

"With his stupid boy penis." She practically sings as if she's still drunk which I wouldn't be surprised if she was.

"Now I'm having hormone surges." Christina whines. "He ruined me. I'm ruined. He turned me into this fat, stupid pregnant girl... who cares." She pauses for a moment and being the only sober person in the room it's hard not to laugh. "Estrogen!" She yells angrily slamming the shower door again. I spit out the toothpaste again as I hear the door open and look in the mirror to see Izzie walk in, looking just as sober as me.

"Penises. Penises, Izzie." Meredith sings again and I smile at Izzie through the mirror. George walks in behind her and Cristina opens the shower door.

"Estrogen, George." They both look confused and I give them I look before moving out of the way of the one sink shared between four people. I didn't think about how cramped living in this house would be with three roommates and a Cristina who is always here.

"Okay, what did I miss," George asks looking from Meredith to Cristina.

"I came home to full-on vomit drama," Izzie explains, brushing her teeth. "Apparently Meredith dumped Derek, and Cristina's been sleeping with Burke."