Chapter Fourteen

Chapter 14

Season 2, Episode 13 - 15

    I woke up that morning to a very rude awakening. What made me jump awake was the crash of glass coming from the hallway. I jump out of bed in a hurry when I hear George yelling and Doc barking. I open my door and stick my head around the corner to see George wrestling with the dog. When he sees me his eyes widen.

    "Audrey! Help me!" He yells as I walk into the hallway.

    "George it's just a dog," I smirk, attempting to walk past them when the rather large dog starts to jump on me. "Hey! Hey! Down!" I take off at a run down the hallway as George shouts after me. I make it to the bathroom and close the door quickly. When I turn, I come face to face with Izzie.

    "What are you doing here?" I ask when I see she's just sitting on the closed toilet seat with a coffee and a magazine.

    "Hiding from the dog." She says and I laugh at her comment before walking over to the sink.

    "I said down! Audrey! Izzie!" We hear George yell from the hallway as we laugh. "Incoming!" I hear him yell so I walk over to the door and open it slightly, just as he comes barreling into the room. I close the door quickly behind him and hear scratches on the other side coming from the dog.

    "You know, I'm thinking about coloring my hair. Maybe red." Izzie says and the two of us look to her in confusion.

    "Red's nice."

    "Yeah, red's good." George agrees. "I'm thinking about cutting mine."

    "Yeah? You'd look good shorter." Izzie says looking at him.

    "You think?"

    "Yeah." She says when all of a sudden, we don't hear barking anymore. We turn and slowly open the door to poke our heads out. In the hall, we see Meredith giving Doc scratches on the head and praising him.

    "What are you guys doing in there? We're gonna be late." She asks us when she sees our heads.

    "We need to talk about the dog," George states a little scared.

    "That's not a dog. It's a hyena escaped from the zoo dressed in dog clothing." Izzie steps out from the bathroom and puts her hands on her hips.

    "Whatever. I don't chew up his clothes. I don't urinate on his bed. I don't try to mount him from behind." George rants, still poking his head around the doorframe. I say behind the two of them, watching the dog to make sure it doesn't run at us.

    "People, he's our dog. We love our dog. He loves us." Meredith scolds before going back to praising him.

    "We may love him but he doesn't love us," I mutter for just Izzie and George to hear and they nod in agreement. Meredith finishes petting him and walks away but as she does, Doc turns to look at us with a low growl. We all jump and run back into the bathroom, closing the door behind us.

∞∞∞∞∞∞

    That morning was like any other at the hospital, until Chief Webber started explaining to the staff that many changes were going to be made. For one, interns and residents are only allowed to work 80 hours per week because last year there were too many mistakes caused by fatigue. I guess that means we can have an actual life now.

    Unfortunately, since interns won't be around as much to pick up the slack, nurses are going to be working overtime. Nothing is worse than a pissed off nurse.

    "Maybe you can cheer them up," Izzie says mockingly towards Alex, referring to the pissed off nurses. "You know what? My New Year's resolution was to let it go, and I am. I have. I've let it go. I apologize." She says but it doesn't sound genuine.