Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13

Season 2, Episode 10 - 12

I am all for getting over someone with meaningless sex if that's what helps you, but Meredith has kind of been going overboard. By that I mean I wasn't able to sleep last night. I will support you until you mess with my sleep schedule.

Since I didn't get much sleep, I woke up in a bad mood. After pulling myself from the bed I didn't get to sleep in, I walk into the hallway where I bump into Meredith who is in a pink robe.

"Okay, um, there is a guy in my bed who won't leave." She whispers to me under her breath and I smile.

"Oh, karma is such a sweet thing." I laugh as she looks at me with pleading eyes. "You're on your own here, Grey." I sing as I walk down the hall and down the stairs. Izzie is already in the kitchen when I arrive and pour myself some cereal.

"Well, another sleepless night in Seattle," George mumbles as he trips into the kitchen, clearly just as sleep-deprived as me.

"Yeah, who was it this time? Hairy back guy?" Izzie guesses as she butters her toast.

"Who know who I miss? Inappropriate facial hair guy. You know he did his own dishes?" George says as he pulls some clothes out of the laundry basket. I decided to pour myself some coffee in an attempt to wake myself up.

"Tattooed ass guy made coffee," I add holding up my mug.

"Oh, yeah. He was a keeper." George says pulling on his shoes when Izzie gives him a weird look. "What?" George asks her before turning to me with a scared look on his face.

"What?" I repeat for him when Izzie turns to me.

"George has a crus-" She starts but George cuts her off.

"Izzie!"

"You can tell me. I'm great at keeping secrets." I say taking a sip of my coffee as the two of them look at each other.

"There is nothing to tell because I am over her," George states trying to brush the subject off as he sits at the table.

"Over who? Meredith?" I question as a joke but when they don't answer my eyes widen. "Oh my god, you like Meredith!" Izzie looks at me with a grin and I can't help but laugh.

"No, no. I did at one point, but not anymore." He tries to convince us but we don't budge. All of a sudden we hear loud and fast footsteps coming down the stairs. We all lean over to look through the kitchen door to see a man holding his clothes, running out the front door as fast as he can.

"He's new," I state when I don't recognize him.

"I shall name him running guy," Izzie says proudly as she goes back to eating. I join them at the table with my coffee and cereal when George speaks up.

"You know who I saw Alex come home with last night?" Izzie's eyes grow wide at the comment and I see her look at me in fear.

"I know about you two already. Don't worry." I say nonchalant, without looking up from my food but she still looks shocked.

"Who told you!"

"Relax. Alex told me but it was obvious." I explain and she throws her arms in the air in annoyance. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about Alex and Izzie becoming a thing.

Izzie is my friend and Alex is my brother so if anything happened between them it would put me in the middle. I've been trying to act cool with it and I think because I saw it coming, it's making it easier to live with.