Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17

Season 2, Episode 19-20

     For the first time in a while, I had a good night's sleep. A great night's sleep actually. The moment I got home and got to my room, I didn't even change. I just fell into bed and was out like a light. Maybe it was the fact that Mark Sloan was no longer a problem. He left and was no longer something my so-called friends could shove in my face.

After getting changed and ready for the day, I step out into the hall to go downstairs. Once I've closed my door I see Meredith in the hall tiptoeing suspiciously.

    "Meredith?" I ask from behind her and she jumps in surprise before turning to me. "You okay?"

    "Yeah...totally fine." She whispers as quiet as she can. As she talks, George's door opens and he walks out into the hall before spotting Meredith and going rigid. I look between the two as they stare at each other awkwardly. Before I can comment on it, Izzie's door opens and a half-naked Alex stumbles out and runs to the bathroom.

    "Really?" I mutter as he passes by me. Izzie walks out of her room, thankfully fully dressed and spots us all in the hallway.

    "Morning." She says looking around at all of us and I give her an awkward half-hearted smile while Meredith and George continue to look at each other. "What? So, I slept with him again. So, I'm a big whore. A big, horny whore who can't get enough. Can we get over the shocked silence already?"

    After another moment of silence, Meredith turns and walks away from us. Izzie looks at George with a frown.

    "What's going on?" She asks and he just shrugs before walking back into his room. When she looks at me for an explanation I just roll my eyes.

    "Izzie? Please don't talk about having sex with my brother around me ever again." I say in disgust and she nods apologetically before going into her room and closing the door. What a great way to start the morning.

∞∞∞∞∞∞

    The energy in the locker room was off that entire morning. Whatever was going on between George and Meredith is still leaving tension wherever they go. I'm sitting on the bench tying my shoes beside Alex as he bets on what happened between them. Something tells me George told her how he feels...or felt.

    "50 bucks says O'Malley caught her doing Mark Sloan," Alex says and I slap him on the shoulder.

    "There's something going on. I mean, look at them." Izzie comments watching them awkwardly pass each other in the doorway.

    "All right, he walked in on her doing McDreamy." After he says that we look at him in amusement. "Did I just call that dude McDreamy?" He sounds disgusted with himself and we laugh it off.

    "Oh, you know you did," Cristina smirks at him before he leans over to Izzie.

    "You are ruining my life." He says playfully in her ear and I fake gag.

    "Get a room," I mutter before standing up and walking over to George and Meredith. "What's going on?"

    "Nothing." They are way too quick to answer and we all frown in amusement. They are acting really weird.

    "You know we're gonna find out anyway," Cristina says, leaning on the locker beside Meredith, but George isn't making eye contact with anyone.

    "If you tell us, maybe we can help." Izzie encourages but it doesn't work.

    "There's nothing to tell." George defends and Cristina laughs.

    "That means there's something to tell." She says and I nod in agreement.