Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

Season 2, Episode 8

I wake up with a gnarly headache and weight on my chest. When I open my eyes and look over, I see the face of a sleeping man. The same sleeping man I picked up in a bar the night before. Crap. I turn over to see the clock and realize I have work in less than an hour.

I pick up his arm and move it off my chest before moving to get out of the bed. The sheet falls down and I realize I'm completely naked. I pick the sheet back up to cover my chest. Absolutely mortified, I stand up wrapping the sheet around me, looking at the still sleeping man in my bed.

"Uh, hello?" I say quietly trying to poke him in the arm. "Wake up."

I cringe at my failed attempt to wake him up and look around the room before seeing my panties discarded on the ground. I pull them up to my legs and find a t-shirt to throw on before looking back at him. I'm about to try and wake him again when I hear a knock at my door and practically jump to the ceiling.

"Crap. Crap. Crap." I mutter to myself walking over to the door and standing with my ear pressed up against it. "What do you want?" I hiss harshly at whoever is on the other side.

"Yikes, someone didn't get much sleep last night." I hear Meredith on the other side of the door and I sigh before opening it and sticking my head through. She looks at me questionably before trying to look into the room. I block her and give her big eyes.

"What? Why are you-" She pauses before realization hits. "Oh my god, you did not. You had sex!" She exclaims and I walk out into the hall closing the door behind me trying to shush her.

"Shut up! Shut up before someone hears you!" She laughs as I freak out. "How the hell do I get him out?"

"Hey, that's your dirty one night stand and your problem." She grins holding her coffee in her hand.

"No. It was your idea to go get some...and I went and got some, so you need to tell me what to do now!" I whisper harshly, as not to get Izzie and George's attention.

"It was drunk Meredith's idea. Not mine. You should know better than to listen to drunk people." She says taking another sip of her coffee and I roll my eyes, snatching the coffee from her hands and taking a large gulp before walking back into my room. My back is to the bed as I close the door quietly.

"Uh, hey." I hear from behind me and jump again. People have got to stop scaring me.

"Oh, you're awake. Good." I stammer turning to look at him sitting up in the bed rubbing his face. He's clearly hungover as well. "Look, I have to get to work so you need to leave...now," I say to him uncomfortably.

"Work? It's Saturday." He asks me, sounding very confused and I laugh awkwardly.

"Good, you're not a surgeon then," I say to myself as he stands up and starts looking for his clothes. I try to look anywhere but him. I mean, he has a nice body and last night was good but one night stands are embarrassing. He finally has his pants on when he turns to me.

"Uh, you're wearing, uh, my..." He stammers looking at me and I look down at the shirt I'm wearing and my eyes widen.

"Oh! I'm sorry." I say and walk over to my dresser and face away from him. I take off the shirt and cover my chest with one of my own before handing the one I was wearing to him. He takes it and gives me an uncomfortable smile before walking over to the door.

"Uh, last night was-" He starts but I shake my head and cut him off.

"We don't need to do that. You can just go." I say and he nods, seemingly grateful before running out of my room and down the hall. I pull on my shirt and stop to take a deep breath. That was mortifying.