Chapter 28 Hunting For Clues

No one's POV

A/N I missed a rank up for Morgana during the Futaba Palace, so he's currently at rank 6

(Present)

Currently, Nhazul is still sitting in front of Sae as she was still interrogating him about the Medjed case.

Sae: So the Phantom Thieves only stole the heart of Futaba Sakura...? And Medjed was in turn defeated by her real world hacking abilities? This does correlate to facts as we know them...If you're telling the truth, then Wakaba Isshiki didn't commit suicide...Did a third party target her life with the goal of destroying her research...? Wakaba's death was two years ago...That also coincides with the incidents starting occurring...Does this other Metaverse user that Kaneshiro mentioned...really exist...? Earlier, I briefly mentioned about psychotic breakdowns incidents that have alarmed the public. All of a sudden, people will lose consciousness or become violent...A situation as incomprehensible as that can't be explained as "troubled social condition". I suspect that these cases are all connected to a larger, man made plot. The method involved always muddled the explication, but your story has virtually conformed it's viability. Although, I wouldn't have looked expected a new criminal to come to light from your testimony...What did your group think of this Metaverse user?

Nhazul: A real pain in the ass...As well as the real criminal in all this...

Sae: How self centered of you. The Phantom Thieves tampered with people's hearts without asking consent. How is that different?

Nhazul: The difference is we bring the scum of this world to the light so you can arrest them, not make people have mental breakdowns just because they look at us funny...

Sae just looked at Nhazul and sighed.

Sae: Well...No mattter how you thought of them, there can be no doubting your resolve. Are those incidents because of you or someone else...? Either way, I will get to the bottom of this...

Arcana Judgment Rank 3

Sae: Now, let's move on to your next crime.

Sae then pulled over her binder and opened it.

Sae: Kunikazu Okunura

Sae: Kunikazu Okunura...You should know who he is. Considering what happened. Your testimony regarding this incident will be serious. I'm sure you understand why. Answer my next question carefully. What did you do to this Okunura?

(Flashback)

Currently, Nhazul is laying down in his bed a night and he was looking at the old picture he's had for a very long time and he was thinking back to the other day.

(Flashback)

Nhazul: Nhazul.... Arisato...

The Meta Nav took a few seconds to respond and after a few seconds, it's answer came back.