Chapter 65 True Identity

No one's POV

As everyone had confronted the ruler of the Palace, Tenor and Kasumi were still completely shocked to find out it was Maruki.

Maruki: Glad to see you're all doing well. I pretty much figured you'd end up infiltrating this place. Truth be told, this isn't how I was hoping we would meet again...

Tenor: Maruki...You're the ruler of this Palace?!

Maruki: Palace?

Crow: A place where distorted desires manifest. We're asking if you're the source of the desires here.

Maruki: Ah, I see. Well, in your own words, yes. I am this Palace's ruler. But in my case, it seems a tad different from the one's you've seen.

Crow: Would we also be correct in believing that you're involved in the abnormalities outside the Palace as well?

Maruki: Yes, you would. Do you like the reality I created for you?

Everyone then looked at Maruki completely shocked.

Tenor: Created...?

Maruki: That's right. I've gained the power to alter reality... To make it whatever the people wish for.

Tenor: No one wished for this, Maruki.

Maruki: I can see how you may think that. At any rate, our cruel and unforgiving reality is going to change... and that includes Kasumi's awful past, too.

Kasumi looked at Maruki confused.

Kasumi: My...past? Dr. Maruki...What do you mean?! What happened to me?!

Maruki: Alright. I had honestly hoped that all those warnings you were given would change your mind...But if it's your true desire, then I want you to recall who you really are. And I want you two to learn as well. Once you have, you'll need to choose between the two realities. The merciless one, or the one I've formed.

Maruki then snapped his fingers and brought up a screen, revealing Kasumi's past. That she thought she was inferior to her sister in every way.

That she was the one responsible for her sister's death

That she was the one responsible for her sister's death. Her sister pushed her out of the way of an oncoming car that hit and killed her. And that her true name, her true identity, is that of Sumire Yoshizawa, the younger sister of Kasumi. And learning this,

 And learning this,