Chapter 41 Set Up

No one's POV

After Nhazul left to go buy another donut after his last one met and unfortunate fate, he made his way back and everyone started to discuss what to do about Akechi and Makoto spoke up.

Makoto: I've thought it over, and I've considered inviting Akechi to attend.

Anm: Seriously?!

Ryuji: Weren't you talking about how you didn't wanna draw danger to us?

Makoto: I understand it's dangerous. But without a powerful source of intel, we won't win against the police network. And I can no longer rely on my sister.

Haru: We're going to use Akechi?

Morgana: That's really bold for you, Makoto.

Makoto: He's cautious of how we are going to act. I think we can take advantage of that.

Yusuke: What are the odds?

Makoto: Less then favorable, unfortunately. But we can no longer afford to hesitate.

Ryuji: How do we get in touch with him? We don't have his number, right?

Nhazul: I do.

Everyone looked at Nhazul surprised.

Everyone: You do?!

Nhazul: Yep. I got it during the social studies trip. We hang out every now and then.

Ryuji: Dude, what the hell?!

Nhazul: What?

Makoto: Well, that at least makes things a bit easier. I'll call him today. Hopefully he responds.

(Timeskip)

It's the next day and after school, Nhazul and Akira went home, and when they walked in they saw Akechi, and Akira was surprised, but Nhazul just smiled.

Akechi: Welcome home.

Nhazul: Thanks, honey. I had such a stressful day.

Akechi just chuckled and then spoke up.

Akechi: And you must be his friend, Akira. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Akira: Likewise.

Nhazul: So, what brings you around these here parts again?

Akechi: I just came to enjoy some more delicious coffee.

Sojiro: Is the Niijima lady doing well?

Akechi: Unfortunately, we haven't seen each other lately. We had a...difference of opinion.

Suddenly everyone looked over at a man named Shido who was running for the next prime minister and he was talking about the Phantom Thieves and Nhazul looked over and saw Akira holding his head.

Nhazul: Hey, you good?

Akira: Y-Yeah...he just sounded really familiar...

Akechi: "Criminals", hm? Well, that must be how he sees it. However, that is ignorant of their true nature.

Nhazul: True nature? You on their side now?

Akechi: It may be somewhat of a stretch to say I'm "on their side". Having said that, I won't deny that I empathize with them on some level. If this Okumura incident was not the Phantom Thieves...if they only change the hearts of criminals...Then even though they can't be considered" Innocent"...Perhaps my goals are not so different from theirs...

Nhazul: Is that so? I guess you're turning into a Phan boy now.

Alechi just chuckled at Nhazul.