Chapter 6

I wake up in the morning and for the first time in like my whole life,I am actually awake,today is Friday and I still don't know whether should I go to river park or not. If I don't go,then tomorrow it will be beyond awkward at their house.

I get ready,but as I was going down the stairs, I nearly trip, Charlie was sitting at the table,and my parents were around him, asking him questions about God knows what,he looked so nervous, and I also noticed the way he fiddled with the chain on his necklace.

You are checking him out,you do know that right?

I snap out of my thoughts and see everyone looking around.
"Hey guys! What are you doing?" I ask suspiciously, I mean seriously, how did Charlie even get inside the house in the first place.

"Nothing, just questioning your boyfriend!" My dad says with a wave of his hand.

"We aren't dating dad." Me and Charlie were both turning red by the second. Before my parents can say anything else,I grab Charlie and drag him out. I walked out and waited, trying to calm down my heartbeat. I peep inside and see my parents on the couch next to each other.

"Did you see how red both of them were!" My dad said that, and both my parents were
laughing. Urgh,I have a weird family.

I turn around and go to the car,Charlie is already in it,Charlie starts the car the moment I get inside,a very awkward silence settled between us.

"Your parents seem pretty chilled out." Charlie chuckled.

"Urgh,I am so sorry they ambushed you,they just somehow got it inside their heads that we have a thing!" I groaned.

"They are actually pretty cool!" He doesn't carry on the conversation after that. Shortly afterwards we arrive at the school, I wanted to ask him about his chain but before I can he is already leaving the car.

People still stare at me like as if I'm some sort of an abominable or an alien,so I duck my head and make my way to my locker,I have biology now,so I grab my books and head to class.

The whole class I kept my head down and barely paid attention to what the mr.Blair was saying. When the bell rang I grab my stuff and as I was going out if the class,mr.Blair called me.

"Yes sir." I say casually.

"Is everything okay? You look distracted, you usually answer all the questions that I ask,however, today you barely paid attention, I just want you to know that it is always better to confide in someone with your problems,otherwise it will eat you up!" mr.Blair looks worried, I nod and go to my next class. The rest of the classes went by similarly, teachers would look at me as if I am sick or something, maybe I am.

When the bell rings for lunch,I grab my lunch and go to the library, my only place of refuge lately. I go to the library and I find Charlie with a book,I was beyond shocked, Charlie Eastwood is reading a book.

"You do know that it is creepy to stare at people!" He puts a bookmark where he stopped and then he looks at me,my whole face turned red,bloody hormones, what is wrong with me.

"It's just shocked to see you with a book,I mean, I mean I didn't even think you knew how to read!" I sit on the chair opposite and take out my book,the rest of lunch we just sit in a comfortable silence and just read. The bell rings and the rest of the classes pass by in a blur,I try to pay attention in class but my mind is still somewhere else.

Charlie drives me home and the whole way he doesn't say anything. We get home and I get out of the car,but then Charlie calls me.

"Are you okay? You seem kinda distant. Maybe we could go get some ice cream?" He looks like he's genuinely trying to make me feel better.