Chapter 7

I am running,I don't stop to breath,everytime I look behind me,he is there,I run like there's no tomorrow,I end up in a dead end,I curse loudly,when I turn around he is inches away from my face,his eyes are icy blue,nothing like I have ever seen before, they are full with anger and revenge. He has me on a chokehold, I can barely get air inside my lungs,I feel myself let going to the darkness...

I jolt awake, my heart is beating faster then usual and I am sweating like as if I just ran a marathon or something. I take a few minutes to calm myself down,I look at the time and it is 7,urgh,I woke up way to early.

There is no way I'll fall asleep right now,so I make my way downstairs,my parents are already ready for work. When my parents see me,they instantly stop doing what they are doing and look at me with a worried look.

"Good morning honey,how are you feeling, you do know you can talk to us right,just say something!" My dad asks me,he kinda has a guilt look on his face.

"I'm fine,really!" I decide not to tell them about the nightmare that I just had.
I sit down and eat some cereal, after a few minutes,my dad has to leave for work,he kisses me and my mom goodbye and leaves.

My mom has another hour to leave,so I help her clean to distract my head,she looks at me suspiciously but doesn't say anything,after that I go upstairs and head for the shower,urgh I have to go to Charlie's house later,and Hunter will also be there,I groan and curse myself for going to that stupid party in the first place.

By the time I am done getting ready, my mom is gone for work. I make myself some popcorn, grab a few cans of sodas and my favourite ice cream,salted caramel, after Charlie took me to the ice cream shop, I have been obsessed with this flavour, I asked my parents to buy it for me,it's not the same as the one that I tried there but it is just as heavenly.

I flop down on the couch and decide to have a high school musical marathon,I put an alarm on my phone for 3 30,and start my marathon.

After  a few hours, I look at the phone and it says 3 45,shit, I left my phone on silent,I grab my stuff and burst out of the house. Just as I was locking the door I hear Charlie calling my name, I turn around and I see that Charlie is here to pick me up.

I roll my eyes and make my way to the car,should I be grateful that he is here or not.

"You do know that you didn't have to come pick me up right." I say rolling my eyes.

"I know,but why would I let a pretty girl like you walk when I have a car!" He smirks.
I am probably as red as a tomato right now,urgh.

"Stacey, can I ask you something?" He says.

"Yah,shoot." I say, I just hope that he is not asking me out.

"Do you remember anything about the guy that attacked you,a mark,anything?" He says scared.

"I remember seeing his blue eyes,and I think he had some sort of a chain or something, but that's all." The events of yesterday replay on my head and I have to open the window.

"What were you doing there,you do know the it's beyond dangerous." He asks and I notice a hint of anger that he is trying to hide.

"I went to the park,but then got lost on the way home." I decide not to tell him that I was there practically because of his step brother who stood me up.

He gave me a suspicious look but didn't push me. Soon afterwards we arrive at their house.
I stay in the car for a few minutes, trying to force my legs to move,i must have been lost in my thoughts because Charlie is knocking on the window. I get out and give him an apologetic smile.