Chapter 20

Do you  ever feel like as if the whole universe hates you, because that is exactly how I feel now.

You see right, I fell of the bed this morning, then while walking down the stairs I tripped and fell again, I have been able to avoid Charlie for the past few days by waking up early and walking to school, but today I am running late,which means either I wait for Charlie to come or I run.
I chose running, but me being the clumsy person I am, I tripped again for the 3rd time today, and because of this cold my whole face is numb, and I also happen to have a deep cut across my leg,because when I tripped, i scratched it against a metal post thing.

So by the time I get to school my leg is bleeding and the blood is seeping through my leggings.
And since the universe is against me, Charlie had to bump into me,his face was a mixture of anger and sadness.

"What the fuck happened to your leg Stacey, and don't say nothing, because it's bleeding alot!" Charlie screams at me getting the attention of a few students.

"I tripped!" I tell him above a whisper and barely look at him in the eye.
He curses and then bends down and carries me, I am way too shocked to react, so I just stare at him with my mouth open.

I was so lost in looking into his eyes and trying to make sense of what just happened that I didn't realize we had arrived at the nursery.

"Oh dear what happened to your leg?" The nurse asks me snapping me back to reality.

"I tripped and scraped it against a metal pole!" I say while Charlie is putting me down on the bed.
Then she tells Charlie that he needs to leave because she needs to check my leg, and that he can only stay if he's had a intimate relationship with me. Both me and Charlie turn extremely red and he leaves.

The nurse then tells me to take off my leggings so that she can clean and examine the wound, I hesitate for a second, I mean it's freezing cold,it's October.

But I reluctantly took it out, and she started to examine the wound, she then said some weird medical land stuff that I did not understand.
When she saw me just stare at her without understanding anything, she rolled her eyes playfully.

"You need stitches, but we don't do stitches here,so I will make a call to the clinic close by and let them know that you are coming, you're very lucky it didn't go any deeper, and me sure your boyfriend carries you,you do not want to put any weight on the leg." The nurse says kindly, how am I supposed to wear my leggings then.

"Ohh wait I forgot this!" She hands me those weird hospital gowns. "You can't wear your leggings now!" She said.

Ohh God I will die of embarrassment one of these days.
And my grave will say, "girl died of embarrassment."

After I was ready to go,Charlie came in,the nurse told him to take me to Edmund clinic,and they already have the stuff prepared, and that he needs to carry me and not let me put any weight on my leg.

And before she left she winked at me,this nurse is playing cupid.
Check looks flustered but he either way comes and picks me up,I am freezing because of this stupid gown and the moment Charlie picks me up,the gown goes up,I turn red,thank God no one was in the halls.

He puts me down in his car and he takes off his jacket and gives it to me.
When we get to the clinic, Charlie informs the secretary and then he comes back for me.

The doctor praised him for carrying me and not letting me put my weight on my leg and Charlie turned red and went to stand outside.

The doctor stitched the cut and told me a whole bunch of instructions on how to function with the stitches, and then he called Charlie in and told him the exact same stuff.

I actually thought we were going back to school but I was actually really surprised when Charlie stopped at my house, and helped me inside, none of us said anything, and I know Charlie wants to ask me why I avoided him.

I went upstairs to change and decided to wear a loose sweatpants with a loose sweater. When I went back down, Charlie was in the kitchen making something that smelled amazing, not wanting to disturb him,I went to the living room and switched on the TV.

"I am making soup,it should be ready in 20 minutes!" Charlie said. "Why are you avoiding me Stacey?" And the question came.
Charlie sat next to me and he took my hands in his. "Did I do anything wrong?" Charlie asks worried.

And that's when I burst into tears and Charlie has his arms around me in a second.

"I'm sorry, it's just I'm afraid I'm going to get closer and then we're moving, I'm just scared!" I say while crying.
Charlie starts rubbing small circles on my back.

"No I'm the one who needs to apologize, I'm playing with your feelings, and I just don't want to lose you too!" Charlie says while calming me down. "Just get some sleep!" Charlie kisses my temple and I close my eyes.

I must have fallen asleep for a really long time,because when I wake up,I am in my room,and it's dark outside, and I can also hear my parents downstairs.

I make my way downstairs, and see my parents sitting with Charlie talking about God knows what. When my mom sees me she rushes to me and hugs me so tight I am pretty sure I am turning blue,when I look at Charlie, he looks like he is trying really hard not to laugh. My mom then tells me that I shouldn't be irresponsible and some other stuff.

"Ohh sweety,don't we have that thing to go for?" My mom asks my dad,before my dad could say anything, my mom dragged him out of the room and they went outside.

"Do we need to talk?" Charlie asks unsure. I honestly don't even know how to answer him.

"Maybe we need some space!" I say without even realizing what I had said. Charlie looks heartbroken. "I just want to go back to how I was before I met you and Hunter, and for that I need time away from both of you!" I say, I am pretty sure I will burst out crying any time soon.

"I get it, I will stay away from you and I will tell Hunter to keep his distance!" Charlie says in a sad tone, and he leaves without saying goodbye.

The moment he leaves, I go upstairs and burst out crying.

I definitely fell asleep because I woke up in the morning with my alarm, and now I have to go get ready for school.

When I went downstairs for breakfast my parents thought I was sick or something, my dad even threatened to go kill Charlie, I just said that I'm fine and that it was not his fault, my parents were not so convinced but didn't push me.

I was about to walk to school, but Millie's car parked in my driveway, I have a feeling Hunter told her to pick me up.

I get in and don't say anything, and Millie also doesn't say anything.
Maybe I can try being friends with her,but she did lie to me.
I just need some time by myself.

                 ×××××××××××××××××××××

I know this chapter is kinda short, but maybe the next chapter will be longer.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you guys!

humyyussuf❤