Chapter 14

Charlie's pov

I am getting worse every day, the only person who knows about this is my mom,and we plan on telling Kyle(Hunter's dad) and Hunter tonight, we found out about it 2 weeks ago,I couldn't get enough air at night and the next day my mom was worried so she took me for an appointment, and that's when we found out that I had lung cancer, my mom was devastated.

My mom didn't tell anyone else earlier because she was torn apart,she already lost the love of her life and now she was going to lose her son.

Only one more person knew about me, Jeremy, apparently when we had football practice the one day,he went through my bag and found my pills and pump and confronted me the next day, and he is now blackmailing me with Stacey, he knows I am head over heels for her, so he said that if I ever get in the way of him and Stacey, he will let the whole school know about my cancer.

You must be wondering, why on earth do I just not let him tell everyone, the answer is easy, the moment everyone finds out about it,they will start looking at me with pity,the same way everyone looked at me when my dad died.

The doctor said that my condition is getting worse and that I should start chemotherapy, and my mom agrees with him,but she wants to take me to new York, she knows a really famous doctor or something, I begged my mom to just let me stay here,I'm happy here,and going to new York, means leaving Stacey.

I am currently busy helping my mom with dinner,she insist on me going and getting some rest,but if the only thing I do is rest, I will probably get more depressed.

My mom made all my favourite dishes, and somehow I can't find the appetite to eat it, most of the time when I eat,the food tastes like garbage and I have to run to the bathroom to puke my guts out.

"What's the special occasion, we usually only have one dish,but today we have a whole buffet!" Kyle says breaking the silence, then his face goes all serious. "Did I forget something, is it someone's birthday?" Kyle starts to panic.

"No honey,it is no one's birthday!" My mom says trying to smile." I just have something to tell you!" My mom's face goes blank and filled with sadness.

When I look at Hunter, he is busy stabbing his food,like as if that thing smacked him or something. I wonder if he will feel anything after he finds out about me, I really do hope we can be closer, be friends.

"Honey you're scaring me,what's wrong?" Kyle asks worried.
My mom burst out crying and Kyle is by her side in a second.

"Charlie has been diagnosed with lung cancer!" My mom says between her sobs,and then she cries harder. "The doctor said that it is bad and that he needs to start chemotherapy!" Everyone looks shocked, when I look at Hunter, I can see guilt all over his face.

"Mom,I'm feeling kinda tired,I'm going upto my room!" I kiss my mom goodnight and run upstairs.
My mom has never looked that broken, I am so angry, why did this have to happen to me,what did I ever do(maybe it was that snail I killed when I was 7 years old,I swear, I never killed any thing in my whole life).
I need to take out my rage on something, I grab the nearest thing that just happened to be the lamp and throw at the mirror, the mirror shatters into pieces, I turn all my furniture upside down and wreck my whole room.

I collapse on the floor and burst out crying, I can't handle seeing my mom like that, she finally got her happiness back and now because of me, all that happiness will be drained from her again, and it's all my fault.

After a few minutes of me crying my emotions out, I hear my door opening, I don't bother seeing who it is, I just sit there and try to gather my emotions.