Chapter 5

"Hunter"

I am pretty sure I forgot how to breathe.

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you,the door was open when I got here and then I heard noises and I was about to come down but then you came!" I couldn't really process what he just said because my heart was beating way too fast.
Wait did he say the door was open,my mom never leaves the door open, like never.

"Uhhhh,wait what time did you get here?" I ask with a suspicious look.

"About 5 minutes before you did." He must have  noticed my look,because then he took out something from his pocket and handed it over to me. It was a small,blue velvet box,and when I opened it,I found the most beautiful necklace I have ever seen,it was 2 hearts joined together and on one there was a blue pearl and on the other a pink one.

I stared at it for a few minutes.

"Mind if I put in on for you?" I just smiled and the next thing i know he is right behind me,he pushed my hair to the side and clasped the necklace, and his hand stayed there for like 3 seconds before he took them out.

"I want you to go out with me on Friday,I will meet you at the river park at 4pm,and if you show up,it means that you have agreed to go out with me and if you don't, I'll understand." I was standing there for a few seconds before I realized what just happened.
I ran downstairs and found him getting inside the car,when he saw me,he rolled down the window.

"Aren't you going to be at school or something?" I know you must be wondering that,omg this girl is crazy, Hunter just asked me out and the only thing I could bring myself to ask him was whether he would be at school or not.

"Ummm!" He looked extremely uncomfortable.

"I actually have some stuff to work on,so I won't be here till Thursday night." I find that kinda mysterious.

"So see you on Friday, hopefully. Bye!" And he drives off,leaving me alone on the driveway.

I walk back inside and decide to go shower and then wait for my mom to come.

Later that night, as I was about to fall asleep, my mind was filled with Hunter and Charlie and this necklace and the ice cream offer from Charlie that I declined. I finally bring myself to close my eyes and hope for the best.

×××××××

The next day,I had to tell my dad to drop me off,because Millie wasn't going to come because she sent me a text this morning saying,won't be able to drop you off this week,parents have planned a vacation.

I kinda found it weird,because both Millie and Hunter weren't here.

The whole day after that just passed in a blur,I remember Charlie sitting with me in the cafeteria,the English test was easy,like always.

And the next thing I know,Charlie is dropping me off at my house. I wonder if Charlie knows anything about Hunter and Millie.

"Umm...do you know where Hunter went?" I ask unsure.

"He had something to do in New York or something." He just shrugged.
"And you know, I can come fetch you until Millie comes back!" I thought for a minute.

"That would be wonderful Charlie. Thanks!" I say it with a smile.

"Awesome, then I will come fetch you." We got to my house a few minutes later.

"See you tomorrow!" And he drove off.

Today wasn't so bad actually, although I really miss Millie during lunch and now even Hunter is gone.

Later that night,as I was lying down on my bed,I thought about the project we have to do,which is due for next week Monday. Urgh,I had forgotten about that. And after a few minutes of turning and tossing I finally fell asleep.

The next day went exactly the same except that instead of my dad going to drop me off,Charlie was coming to pick me up.

When I told my parents that Charlie was going to pick me up, they stared at each other and then looked at me with a smile. I have a weird family.

During lunch,I was going to sit at the library and read and eat,and Charlie just popped out of nowhere, I nearly dropped the book I was holding, he chuckled and sat next to me,we talked about books, me saying that reading is way better than watching and Charlie saying that watching is better and that reading is for old people, I just rolled my eyes.

I didn't know what Charlie was doing, but he just seems so sweet and kind and he actually left his friends to come sit with me. So maybe he is changing.

And again the day flew by and Charlie was already driving me home.

"You know what? I am taking you out for some ice cream,you seem to be way too distracted with your thoughts and I know that something is bothering you,so yeah,we are going out for some ice cream." He didn't even look at me.

"Charlie,I am tired,can't we do this some other time?" I try giving him my puppy dog eyes that no one can resist, but all he did was stare at me and smirk.

We arrive at the cutest coffee shop I have ever seen,it was small and it was vintage and it just had a warm feel to it,I instantly fell in love with it.

Charlie saw me staring so he went and ordered for us.
He came back with 2 cones,one looked like chocolate and the other was brown,it looked kinda weird and I just stared at him with a weird look.

He handed me the brown one.

"It's salted caramel and trust me,you will not regret this." He had already started eating his one.

I took it and licked it,OMG,that is the most amazing ice cream I have ever had in my whole life.
Charlie saw me and he chuckled.
"Told you this was the best place!" And he went back to his ice cream.

None of us said anything, and not because it was awkward but because both of us were enjoying our ice creams way too much to be talking right now.

After we were done,Charlie drove me home, and honestly the only thing I want,is to go back there  and try everything that they have.

"Thank you Charlie for the ice cream!" I say once we reach home.

"You are welcome, and I really do hope we can do it again sometime,and you know since we are kinda like friends, enemies, frenemis,maybe you should save my number on your phone" He scribbled his number on a piece of paper and then gave it to me,I took it and he drove off.

When I get home both my parents were already home,and mom was busy in the kitchen.

My dad must have gotten off earlier, because he isn't supposed to be back for another half an hour.

"Hey guys!" I say with a smile.

"So where were you?" My dad asks with a suspicious look.

"Charlie took me out for some ice cream, and before you say anything, it wasn't a date." My parents just smiled.
I know that they are hiding something but don't want to tell me.

I sigh and just decide to go up and shower, change into my pyjamas and wait for dinner and after that I will just go to bed.

Oh shit,tomorrow is Friday.

                         ×××××××××××××××

Hey guys!

So how is everyone?

Tell me what you think about the book so far.

I will try to make the chapters as long as I can. But don't get your hopes high.

And please do not forget to vote and comment

humyyussuf❤