Chapter 15

I was so excited to see Charlie, I haven't seen him for the past week, and thank God he is coming back to school, I don't think I can survive another day with Jeremy or Hunter, I can't figure out who's worse.

When I see Charlie's car in my driveway, I am literally the happiest person on earth, even my parents found it suspicious that I was in a good mood in the morning.
And ofcourse my dad couldn't let the opportunity pass,so he started teasing me with Charlie.

There's something off about Charlie that I know he doesn't want to tell me, because when I got in the car, he barely looked at me in the eye for more than 5 seconds, he seems paler and he seems sick, there's this sadness in his eyes and he looks like he'll burst into tears anytime.

I don't ask him anything, now really does not look like the right time, so instead we talk about random stuff that just pop up until we get to school.

When the bell rings, I head to the library, and Charlie is already there with a book.

I sit in my usual seat and open my book, I so badly want to ask him stuff, but what if he thinks I'm being rude or something, than it will be so awkward.

"Umm, Stacey! Your book is upside down!" Charlie says while trying to hold in his laughter.
I break out of my trance and when I see that I was actually holding my book upside down, my whole face turns red,and this only causes Charlie to burst out laughing.

Once he calms down,he looks at me and smirks.
I roll my eyes and go back to my book and this time I make sure to hold my book the right way.

"Okay, tell me what's bothering you!" I nearly drop my book when he says that, Charlie must have seen my look because he instantly turned red. "You bite your lip when something is usually bothering you!" Charlie says and he turns redder by the second.

"Ummmm!" I sigh, I really don't want him to think that I don't trust him,so I settle with a much easier question." Everytime you're nervous or stressed or angry,you fidget with the chain on your neck, why?" I ask, Charlie looks kinda surprised that I actually pay that much attention.

"This chain was my father's,and I wear it because it helps me to think,and it also let's me feel as If my dad is with me,and I guess I just got so used to having it around my neck!" I can see Charlie's eyes sparkle when he speaks of his dad.

We spent the rest of break reading and trying to not scream at each other about what happens in the book.

I'm changing in the girls locker room,we just finished pe, and I can hear whispers on the other side of the room.
When I peep through the corner, I see about 3 girls.

"Did you hear, Charlie quit football!" One of them says.

"And how do you know that?" Someone else says.

"My boyfriend is in the football team!" The first on says.

I make sure to not make a sound and go back to my locker. Charlie quit football, but he loves football.

I have this feeling that Charlie is hiding something from me, maybe I should ask him, how hard can it be.

Thank God it is the end of the day, I only have to make a quick stop at my locker, and of course my day couldn't get any worse, Jeremy is leaning against my locker and he seems to be very interested in his phone.
Maybe I could just try and run away.

Why would you run away from him, don't you remember, you guys went on a date!

That doesn't mean anything.

To him, I'm sure it does, and besides, you really need some love interest in your life.

You do know you just insulted yourself also right.