Chapter 18

Urgh, it's freezing today, I am most definitely not a fan of winter, you can't do anything except sit and freeze yourself, and right now, I am currently waiting outside for Charlie, and he is already 10 minutes late.

After a few more minutes of me freezing my butt, Charlie's car stops in my driveway.
"I am so sorry, I got caught up with my mom this morning!" Charlie says guilty.

"It's fine!" I say and turn around to stare at the trees, but ofcourse they made me think of him,I mean seriously, why are the trees green.

"Are we still up for the thing after school, and since it's cold maybe we could get coffee instead of icecream?" Charlie asks nervously.

"Yah, coffee sounds good!" I say and go back to looking at the trees.

"I'm getting a feeling that I ruined the great friendship we had!" Charlie says, it was more like a statement than a question.
I just nod without looking at him.
"How can I make it right, so we can go back to how we were?" Charlie asks, and I just shrug.

When we arrive at school, I get out and leave without saying anything.

You do know that it's rude not to thank a person when he or she has done something for you.

Well Charlie can't just expect me to go back to being friends with him after he almost kissed me and then told me to forget about it.

But if you don't like him, isn't that supposed to make you happy?

I don't like him, but I don't really know how I feel.

I must have been way too lost in my thoughts because I bumped into someone and fell down, and the ground is kissing my butt, I groan and when I look up I see Jeremy, why universe, what did I do that you have to do this to me.

"You really need to get out of your dream bubble, you might walk into trouble without knowing, and you never know what can happen." Jeremy says while helping me up, I need to far away from this guy as possible.

I thank him for helping me pick up my stuff and when I was about to leave, he slammed me against the lockers, I winced at the pain that shot up my spine.

"Haven't seen you in a very long time, I was planning on taking you home one of these days, and since you have neither of your boys are here, I will have you for myself!" Jeremy says,his breath is on my neck, my heart is pounding in my chest.

I need to calm down so I can focus, Jeremy moves his lips to my ear, how on earth does a person stay calm like this.

I did what I should have done a long time ago, I kneed him in the groin, he instantly went down, I took the opportunity and went to class.
I apologized to the teacher for being late and went to the back, I was still shaking and couldn't focus on anything.

During lunch, I went to the library, a part of me doesn't want Charlie to be there, but another part wants him to be there, and maybe we would go back to how we were.

When I get to the library, he isn't there, I feel the pain in my chest come back, but I push it away and take out a book.

I was so lost in the book that I got a shock when something was put down on the desk, when I look up,it's Charlie, and he brought icecream, I instantly light up,I haven't had icecream in a really long time.

I just grab the spoon and start eating the icecream hungrily, Charlie is staring at me with amusement.

"So how is that as an apology?" Charlie asks with his award winning smile.