Chapter 16

When my eyes open, everything looks so bright, and I can hear a familiar voice telling me not to get up.

When my eyes finally adjust to the light, I see that I am in my room and I am covered in blankets, and Hunter walks in.

I try getting up but Hunter is pushing me back down and I start to panic.

"Stacey breathe, you fainted, and you have a fever!" Hunter hands me a bowl of soup.

I taste it, and geez it tastes amazing.

"Why are you here, not that I don't want you here, because if it wasn't for you I probably would be in the hospital or just unconscious and nobody will know!" I stop when I realise I'm blabbing.

Hunter smiles and I turn red with embarrassment, hopefully the soup can cover it.

"Your mom called my mom and asked if she could send Charlie to check up on you, but Charlie is not feeling well so my mom told me to come here!" Hunter says.

"Wait, isn't today Friday, so aren't you supposed to be at school?" I ask confused.
Hunter looks at me for a second confused himself.

"Stacey today is Saturday actually, yesterday was Friday!" Hunter then burst out laughing.
And I find myself turning red, that is why my parents looked at me weirdly this month when I mentioned not going to school.

After having the soup, Hunter makes sure I have some medicine for flu and fever and then we sit on my bed and decide to have a marathon of something. It is raining and the sky is gray, so I cuddle in my bed, grateful for the extra blankets.

Hunter brings another blanket and sits next to me. We decide to have a vampire diaries marathon, the medicine must have a side effect or something, because I fall asleep, and miss seeing the part where Damon turns Vickie into a vampire, I never really liked Vickie, so I'm glad I fell asleep.

When my eyes open, my head is rested on a really come pillow, but my mind is so foggy and everything feels so comfortable, I'm pretty sure I'm drooling, i want to stay here forever, I put my arms around the comfortable pillow and hug it tightly.
My mind goes in and out of conscious, I can still hear the TV, or maybe I'm imagining Damon's voice in my head.

I can hear my name being called, but I just want to hug this pillow for the rest of my life, but wait, where on earth did I buy this pillow from and when, the last thing I remember was seeing Damon kill Vickie, and when the pieces finally click, I jump out of bed and see Hunter laughing, he evens falls off the bed, his face is red because of his laughter.

I have never been so embarrassed before, urgh, can't the ground just swallow me whole or something.

After Hunter calms down, he switches off the TV and goes downstairs and comes back with water.

"You know you were drooling on me and you hugged me like your life depended on it!" Hunter smirks and I turn red with embarrassment.

"For how long was I asleep?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"4 hours, and I am pretty sure I also fell asleep for a bit." Hunter says.
I was asleep for 4 hours, geez, that is long.

We sit down for a while and just as I was about to ask about Charlie, I hear the door.

I try getting up, but since I have been laying down the whole morning, my legs feel like jelly, I almost fall face down but Hunter was at my side and making sure the floor doesn't kiss me.

"Thanks!" I say and try to ignore the way my body goes hot when Hunter puts his hands on my sides.

After he sees that I am stable enough to walk,he lets me go down the stairs by myself.