Chapter 9

My alarm rings and I shoot out of bed,today is finally Friday, thank God, this week has been taking forever, and not to forget, I have a date with Hunter today.

I get ready for school and everything and I am out of the house before Charlie even gets here,I waited for about 10 minutes until I saw Charlie's car pull up in my driveway.

I get inside and Charlie looks slightly shocked.

"Hey,are you okay? I mean you are never out of the house early!" He says with his mouth still opening and closing.

"I'm fine,in fact,I feel amazing!" I say.

"So would you like to go for some ice cream later after school?" He asks.

"Ummm, I am going out with Hunter today,maybe another time." I don't really know what his reaction will be

"Ohh,sure,no problem!" He tries to sound like he isn't bothered at all,but I could see the rage and hurt flash across his eyes.

As I was walking to my locker, I stop by the notice board, and see our project, it was the best in the whole class,and according to Mr. Jhon,it was the best since he first came here,so he decided to display it.

I was beyond shocked when I first saw the project, I mean who would have ever thought that these 2 stepbrothers could get together and do a project together.

The rest of the day went by normally, I have gotten used to the whispers around me,so it doesn't bother me.

I haven't seen Millie yet,and when I asked the principal later that day he said that she went to another school. I was kinda hurt,she was my best friend after all.

The only thing that happened that I didn't expect to happen was Hunter driving me home, Charlie has football season coming up so he has practice now.

He drops me off and reminds me that he will be here at 7 sharp,and he told me to wear something casual.

I get inside and both my parents are already home,this is weird, my parents are never home this early. Something is definitely up,and judging by the look on their faces,I can see it's something grave.

"Mom,dad,is everything alright?" They must have not heard me come in because their heads snap at my direction, they look like they were caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

"Honey,you're home,we didn't hear, so how was school?" My mom says trying to cover up the tension.

"School was fine,mom what's wrong? You are doing that thing where you ignore my question and start asking me weird stuff that half the time don't make sense." Both my parents look unsure.

"I got a promotion at work." My dad says.

"Really, oh my God dad, that is amazing." I run up to my dad and hug him.

"The only problem is that we have to move to California,the promotion I got comes with a house and everything!" My dad says,I can see that my dad is really happy about this,but they were worried about telling me.

Wait,if I have to move,then what about school.

And Hunter.

The voice in my head sounds sad, maybe because that's how I feel, what about Hunter.

Both my parents are staring at me,waiting for my reaction.

"Dad,that's amazing!" I hug my parents while faking a laugh.

After we had our "victory moment",I tell my parents that I will be going out with Hunter for dinner, I made sure to say that we were going as friends.