Chapter 28

Charlie's POV

I know what I did to Stacey is wrong,but if I let her get closer I might hurt her,the doctor may have said that I could have a chance of survival but that also means that there's a chance I might not survive, I have read plenty of articles of what happens to a person when they are suffering from cancer,the only thing they feel is pain.

I wish I could tell Stacey how much I love her,and how much she means to me,but maybe now that she's mad at me she won't be so sad when I leave.

I didn't know she felt the same way about me, which is why when she told me she liked me,I just acted, I can not hurt her more.

I don't know where I'm going, I just drive, if only I could drive away from everything and just leave this whole big drama behind,maybe I'll wake up and see that it was all just dream.

I don't realise that I am going at 120 km/h on a 80 km/h, the adrenaline from the speed feels awesome so I increase the speed,I do realise when there's this blinding light and all of a sudden my car is tumbling down the street, I feel numb, every part of my body is aching, my body is telling me to just let go and everything will be better once I let go but every time I close my eyes I see Stacey.

I can't breathe and when I try to move my body to see if there's any major injury I feel a really terrible pain in my lungs,when I look down I see blond but I have scratches all over so I have no idea if I have any piece of glass or something, when I try sucking in a breath the pains is worse,it feels like my lungs are being cut open from the inside, the pain is too much for me to handle so I just let go,seeing Stacey's face for what feels like the last time.

Stacey's POV

"Mr. and Mrs. Collins! We have some sad news unfortunately!" The doctor says sympathetically.
"Charlie has gotten a few pieces of glass inside his lungs, we were able to remove a fee but the others ones will require a much dangerous surgery, and even if we were able to get the glasses out,we are not sure that you will get your Charlie back,due to his lung cancer,he will have lots of pain even if he survives the cancer,but the chances of him surviving the chemotherapy after the accident are extremely low!" Mrs. Collins just bursts out crying and I decided realise that I'm shaking untill Hunter puts his arms around me and hugs me tight, I let all my tears go,if I hadn't called Charlie to the park,none of this would have happened.

"I would suggest you take him out of the life cover,it is better for him." The doctor says after a few minutes. "And since he woke up the only thing he has said is Stacey!" I can feel everyone's eyes on me.

"Can we see him?" Mr. Collins asks.
The doctor nods and leads us to the room,he said that he'll give us a few minutes and that Mr.  and Mrs. Collins should make a decision before the anesthesia passes off,or there's nothing they'll be able to do afterwards.

The moment we walk inside the room everyone is just shocked, Charlie looks literally dead,the only that is telling us that he's alive is the slow beeping from the heart monitor.
Charlie stirs up a bit and he opens his eyes, it is as if he knows his situation is not looking so great but he still gives one of his award winning smile,Mr. and Mrs. Collins sit on the chairs next to him amid they just talk,I don't pay attention to what they're saying, my mind is focused on the beeping.

After a few minutes everyone leaves the room leaving me alone in the room,I just stare at Charlie and I can feel my tears running down my cheeks,I just walk and sit on the chair that is closer to Charlie.

"I am so sorry Charlie!" I sob,Charlie lifts my chin so I'm looking at him.

"It's not your fault Stacey!" Charlie,but voice is just above a whisper.

"But if I hadn't called and if I hadn't said anything about how I feel then-' Charlie stops me by putting his index finger on my lips.

"You don't have to apologise for how you feel!" When he says this I just burst into more tears.

"I can't lose you Charlie!" I carry on crying, Charlie rubs small circles on my back to calm me down.
After a few minutes I look up and see Charlie smiling.

"I know you don't feel the same way but I -" Charlie cuts me by kissing me,he tastes like mint and hospital and somehow I find myself liking him more.

"You don't have to apologise for your feelings because I feel the exact same way!" Charlie says resting his forehead against mine,he brushing a string of my hair and puts it behind my ear.
We stay like that for a few minutes before Charlie turns around and starts coughing, when he looks at his hands there's blood,he turns to me and gives me an apologetic smile.

"You know that I have to do it,I won't be able to live like this for the rest of my life! The ironic part is that my dad also died by an accident. " Charlie rests his forehead against mine again. "Promise me you'll move on and that you won't hold on to me!" Charlie sounds broken.
My tears just run down my face and Charlie wipes them away with his thumb. "Promise me Stacey!"

"I promise-" I burst into more tears.
After a few minutes everyone else comes inside the room and Charlie looks at me for 5 seconds and then he turns to his family, he doesn't let go of my hand.
He turns to Hunter and he apologises for everyone he did and I'm pretty sure Hunter let down a few tears and he also made Hunter promise to take care of me,then he turns to his parents and tells them that he really wants to do this,last he turns back to me,and he just gives me one last kiss.

"I'm ready!" Charlie says to the doctor, Hunter comes and stands behind me,his parents sit on the other chairs next to Charlie, I didn't even realise Millie had left untill now,Hunter must have seen me look around.

"Her parents called her and asked her to come home!" Hunter says softly.

The doctor does something to the machine and he injects Charlie with something, everyone goes silent, we watch as the beeping on the machine slows down,Charlie closes his eyes and slowly his grip on my hand loosens.

When the machine stops everyone bursts into tears,I get up and Hunter hugs me tightly, I can feel his tears on my shirt also,I think about all the moments we spent together, from the time he first asked me to the party and I rejected him,what would have happened if I actually said yes, and how I was so blind to see the way that Charlie looked at me every time we were together, how was I so blind with my own emotions, I remember the dinner at their house when Nick came with,how me and Charlie were less then a few millimeters away from each other.

We stand there for God knows how long,each one of us mourning him,Hunter doesn't let go of me,and I take the opportunity to cry on him so that no one can see me.

I keep telling myself that maybe this is all some dream and that I'll wake up and Charlie will be perfectly fine and normal,the fact that I won't be able to see his award winning smile against breaks my heart.

But I promised him I wouldn't hold on,we are moving in 2 weeks, which means I will have to go to a new school and leave this life behind, I won't look back,I promised.

                ××××××××××××××××××××××

So hey guys!
*awkwardly waves to screen*

Please don't kill me for killing Charlie, trust me,I also found myself getting close to the Charlie, and I was about to change the plot at the last minute but then I decided to just stick with it.

So this is the last chapter and there will be the epilogue.

Love you guys!

humyyussuf❤