1.18

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"Merlin's beard!" Celeste exclaims before going closer to the big black egg that was kept under a boiling kettle.

"Ah" Hagrid nervously fiddled with his beard "That's er-"

"Where did you get it Hagrid?" Ron asks and Celeste nods.

"Must've cost you a fortune!" She gasped as she and Ron took a closer look at the egg.

"Won it," Hagrid grinned slightly. "Las' night. I was down in the villagehavin' a few drinks an' got into a game o' cards with a stranger.Think he was quite glad to get rid of it, ter be honest." 

"What are you going to do with it once it hatches Hagrid?" Hermione asks

"Well, I've been doin' some readin'," Hagrid says, pulling a largebook from under his pillow. "Got this one outta the library –Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit – it's a bit outta date o'course, but it's all in 'ere. Keep the egg in the fire 'cause theirmothers breathe fire on 'em see, 'an when it hatches, feed it on abucket o' brandy mixed with chicken blood every half hour. An'see here – how ter recognise diff'rent eggs – what I got there's aNorwegian Ridgeback. They're rare them."

"But Hagrid-" Hermione's voice tried to get to him but the giant just hummed happily and looked by the fire.

"You live in a wooden house-"

With the knowledge of Hagrid owning an illegal dragon in his very well flammable house, Celeste felt more stressed than before. The exams were near and the homework was piling up until Celeste's height if it was placed from the floor.

"Wonder what it's like to have a peaceful life" Ron mutters and Celeste nodded as Hermione started writing down everything and tacking track of how the others are doing in comparison to their revision timetable that Hermione had arranged.

Celeste, thankfully had stayed up one night just to complete every single homework given for the next few weeks to get Hermione off of her back. The bushy haired witch, although mad at the Potter's messed up sleeping schedule couldn't really complain as Celeste basically finished every homework assigned.

One breakfast morning, Celeste had sent of Jury with a few letters to her family and brought a small light parcel of chocolates for her uncle. She was busy stuffing her face with sausages when Hedwig cam swooping in with a short note.

'It's hatching', Harry had read softly but loud enough for the other three to hear and they knew it was from Hagrid about the dragon and Celeste couldn't stay still in her seat.

Ron and Celeste almost made a run for it during Herbology but Hermione glared both of them down until their seats. 

"But Hermione, how many times in our lives are we going to see a dragon hatching?" Ron whined,

"we've got lessons, we'll get in trouble, and that's nothing to what Hagrid's going to be in when someone finds out what he's doin- UHHUIGS" Celeste leaped at Hermione and covered her mouth to make her stop talking and everyone looked at her.

"I thought I saw a cockroach, sorry ms" Celeste mutters quickly before getting up and back into her seat

Hermione scrambled up and smacked Celeste in the back of her head with her flimsy notebook.