2.16

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Celeste, Ron, Harry and Hermione always knew that Hagrid was a big fan of creatures- so when Harry told them about Hagrid re-opening the Chamber of Secrets- they found a bit of reasoning behind it. But if it really was Hagrid- and not some parselmouth then all the theories that Celeste had came up with goes to waste. Harry explained about how he saw Hagrid protecting a creature in a box- which Tom then exploded- causing it to escape and reveal itself to be a humongous spider

"Riddle might have got the wrong person?" Hermione tried to reason out "Maybe it was another monster attacking the people"

"How many monsters do you think are there in this school?" Ron asks

"We always knew Hagrid had been expelled" Harry mumbled "The attacks must have stopped when he left- that's why Tom got the special services award"

"This isn't possible" Celeste says looking at Harry "A spider- an Acromantula even, wouldn't be able to petrify students!"

"But I know what I saw Celeste!" Harry exclaimed but Celeste sighed frustratedly. 

"It won't work! Unless Hagrid's doing the petrification himself then they wouldn't be able to go around killing students like that!" Celeste sighed "Maybe Tom is lying to you- shouldn't go around trusting a book like that"

"This is the only lead we got- come on Celeste" Harry groaned 

"Fine- but I don't believe that Hagrid was behind this" Celeste snapped back

"Yeah well- he's the only person we got now. Should we ask him bout it?" Harry asked the other two

"What do you want us to do? Go to his hut? 'Hey Hagrid, did you open the Chamber of Secrets again because this guys from a diary that Harry got sucked into said so?" Ron says and Celeste snorted.

They were in the Gryffindor Common Room so they had to say all of this in hushed tones. Celeste's eye darted to the corner of the room and almost flinched when Ginny was staring at her intensly, it didn't seem normal to Celeste. Maybe the girl was just dazed? But her eyes didn't look like the hazel brown that it normally was- Celeste thought her eyes turned darker but she couldn't tell from this distance.

The next 4 months had been more peaceful- thankfully. Celeste had seen that Ginny had been staring at her during times in the common room- her eyes as Celeste could confirm were pitch black when she stared but the girl always played it off as nothing and acted confused when Celeste asked her about it- she got worried- she really did but there was nothing she could do. Maybe Ginny was just being scared- she couldn't be possessed by some ghost- that'd just be messed up.

During the Easter Holidays, the 2nd years had to think about what subjects they were going to pick. Celeste hadn't really thought much and instantly knew she was going to choose 'Care of Magical Creatures' class because she just loved them.

"It could affect our whole career!" Hermione expressed and Celeste sighed looking over the subjects; Arithmancy, Divination, Study of Ancient Runes and Muggle Studies. She had already ticked 'Care of Magical Creatures' with the biggest tick and was debating whether she should take more than 2 electives.

"I just want to give Potions up" Harry groaned

"But we can't" Ron says "I'd give up Defense Against The Dark Arts"

"But that's important" Celeste sighed 

"Not the way Lockhart teaches it" Ron says and Celeste nodded agreement.