Chapter 36

Point of view ;
Samantha Camilla Williams

*

*

*
Trigger warning
(Flashback of a day in Samantha's past) !!!

The sound of the raindrops hitting the window was the only sound echoing thru my apartment. My chest felt so tight and i just couldn't stop focusing on the sound of the raindrops hitting the window, it kept becoming louder in my ears. At first it was calming, my body relaxed and i could finally breath. But now, i just feel trapped in my own body, like i can't move. I hate it. I wanted to get up to get my AirPods and just listen to music, shutting off the sound around me but i couldn't. I have no energy to do so.

I looked towards the bottle of vodka in my hands. Is it really worth it? I've been clean for 6 months. It looks so freaking tempting tho. My problems will fade away, just for a little while. I could finally forget for a few hours again. With shaking hands i took a breath and opened the bottle. I pulled the bottle closer to my mouth and was about to take a sip when my phone started ringing. Out of shock i dropped the bottle. The sound of my phone was ringing in my head when the bottle broke into peaces, the smell of vodka engulfing me.

I gulped and moved back. And that's when i snapped out of it. Oh my god. I just almost drank again. I am so fucking disappointed in myself. I almost forgot that i was getting called when my phone started ringing again. I looked towards the mess i made and put my hands in my hair, pulling on a it lightly. I'm so fucking stupid, what a failure. I took one last glance before getting up from the floor and trying to walk towards the kitchen counter in the dark.

When i finally felt my phone, i grabbed it and turned it around to look at the screen. It's my mom. I took a deep breath, clearing my throat. She can't know about what just happened.

"Hello?" I wanted to curse myself for how vulnerable my voice came out.

"Hey sweetie, where are you? Donell informed me that you haven't left you're apartment building yet, and you're flight leaves in two hours" she asked. Thank god, she didn't notice. I can't disappoint her. Not again.

"Yeah I'm sorry, I'm leaving right now. I was just saying goodbye to my friend next door" i said trying my best to sound normal. Funny how i don't have a friend next door.

My whole family lives in New York. I just moved to LA three years ago to get away from everything, but I'll be going. Back to the one place that brought me so much pain. The place where i keep getting reminded of the death of my best friend.

"Oh I'm sorry hun, that must be hard for you. I'm just really excited to see you again." Mom said sounding happy. This made me smile a little. I missed her too. Especially since i haven't seen her in four months. Both of my parents are very wealthy so are extremely busy most of time. My mom visited me four months ago for the last time, and my dad came a week ago, to help me pack. He's already back in New York now tho.

"It's fine mom, i miss you too. I'll call you when once i landed, okay?" I said softly. I felt bad for hanging up so fast, when i obviously have enough time to call with her while i go to the airport. But i just need to clear my thoughts for now.

"Okay sweetie, i love you, bye" she said before ending the call. I let out a huge sigh, before looking around my apartment one last time. My eyes fell on what happened earlier with the vodka, and bit my lip. I quickly started cleaning up. If i wanted to make my flight i had to fast. The smell snapped something in me, and i started crying softly, like someone could hear me any second. I put my hand against my mouth to not make any noice.

I finished cleaning and noticed the small cut on finger, probably from the pieces of glass. I just washed my hands before walking towards my last two suitcases and bag. I opened the door, not looking back once. The amount of times I've had mental breakdowns, anxiety attacks, panic attacks and fall backs are nothing to be looked back at. This apartment has seen me at my lowest, and i wanna keep it that way.

No looking back.

I arrived at the apartment lobby and noticed Donell, whom i love with the little amount of love i even have in me. He's the only person who's always been there, next to my family and Cameron, even if wasn't when i had my problems. He was still there, and that's all that matters. Donell is my bodyguard and my friend.

"Don" i said getting his attention. Donell lives here in LA, which means I'll have to let him go soon. He's accompanying me to New York and than has to leave because he got a new job here in LA. Witch is a hard pill for me to swallow, but i have not choice.

"Took you long enough Sammy" he said, trying to look annoyed, but i could see the upcoming smile. He walked up to me and hugged me tight. I closed my eyes for a second. He may not know it, but i really needed this hug.

"I missed you" i mumbled before letting go and smiling at him. He smiled back squeezed my hand.

"I missed you too Sam. I know your not ready to go back, but i promise I'll be there if you ever need me" he said softly, and i honestly just wanted to crawl in a hole and bawl my eyes out.

"I know Don, and I'm extremely grateful for you" i said with a huge smile. I really am, even if my smile is fake. I just can't get my smile to be genuine, and i have no idea why.

"I know you're smile is fake and I'll let it slide since i can tell you just cried, but please don't shut me down again." He said with a look. I nodded trying to keep my face void of any emotions. "Now let's go, or we won't make our flight." He said, grabbing my suitcases from my hands and walking out of the apartment complex with them, me right behind him.

When we finally arrived at the airport, we had to rush towards our gate, but we luckily did make it just in time. I was swimming in nerves the whole flight, Donell noticed which ended up in him trying to joke around the whole flight. It didn't really help, but i wasn't gonna tell him that.

And before i knew it, we landed in New York. If i thought i was nervous on the plane i don't know what i am right now then. My heart is pounding.

Let's face my past.

To be continued...

XNOT EDITEDX

A/N : i know this is a short chapter, but i just wanted this to be a flashback. This is so you'll get a look into how Samantha used to be. Anyways where all of you from, I'm really curious to know where all of you are from.