10

Louis

"Niall! I need your help!" Louis shouted as he came running into their dorm room.

"What is it?" Niall asked as he poked his head outside the bathroom.

"I came out to my family and some of my teammates. Now I need your help to get Harry back!" Louis smiled.

"What? That's awesome. Finally! Congratulations. Ehm, just tell him." Niall grinned and came over to hug him.

"What? No! I have to show him that I'm ready to be public with him. It has to be big and romantic!" Louis argued.

"You're going all-in? I like it! Let me think." Niall grinned.

They put their heads together and came up with a plan. A plan that made Louis nervous as hell but he was done hiding.

Harry

"Come on! I want to get good seats." Niall said.

"Who plays football in the middle of winter? That's stupid." Harry muttered. He couldn't believe that Niall had managed to talk him into going.

"Now you got an excuse to wear one of your fashionable coats." Niall grinned and lead them to the front roads.

"Uhm Niall? Let's sit in the back." Harry pleaded.

"What? No! Then I won't see anything. I want to be able to cheer on Louis. I know you broke up but this is an important game for him and he's still my friend!" Niall argued.

Harry sighed but followed him to the front. Why was he here again? He must be a masochist. He hadn't seen Louis in a couple of weeks, not since that day they broke up and Louis ran out on him. He thought some time home would help to fix his broken heart but it was as broken as before.

He spotted Louis as soon as they sat down. He was running a few laps to warm up and he was as beautiful as ever.

The game started soon enough and Harry got into it after a while. The teams were both good and after part-time, the scoreboard showed 1-1. Louis was amazing out there.

Harry cheered with the others when the game continued. They were fighting hard on the field to score a goal. The clock was ticking. When there were only three minutes left of the game someone tackled Louis who fell to the ground. Harry immediately stood up, looking worried. Louis got up. He seemed fine but the referee gave him a penalty kick. Louis looked focused.

Harry held his breath as Louis kicked the ball towards the goal. The goalie threw himself to the side but missed the ball and Louis scored. His teammates came to hug him and Harry cheered with the rest of the audience, feeling proud. Louis just won the game for his team.

He stared at him in surprise as Louis came running up to where he was sitting with Niall. Maybe he just wanted to give Niall a high five or something? But Louis came running up to him. He gasped when Louis put his hand around his neck and smacked a kiss on his lips. Louis pulled back.
"I love you too Harry. So much."

Harry stared at him in shock but when it finally kicked in, that Louis just kissed him in public and told him he loved him, he threw his arms around him with a happy smile and Louis kissed him again, using tongue this time.

Louis

His heart was beating really fast and he tried to not get a panic attack over the fact that he had just come out in front of the whole school. Maybe he hadn't really thought this through. But then he heard his teammates whistle and clap their hands.
"Way to go Tommo!" Bruce yelled.

He turned around to look at them and they were all smiling. The rest of the audience was cheering as well.
"I'll see you soon." Louis said and Harry nodded his head. He looked so happy.

Louis let go of him and ran back to the field. His teammates picked him up and carried him around.

When they were all gathered in the locker room afterward Louis realized that everyone was looking at him.
"That was one hell of a game. Good job Louis, and the rest of you of course." Bruce said.

"You're gay?" A guy name Andrew blurted out. The locker room went dead silent.

"Yeah." Louis said and blushed.

Andrew seemed to hesitate before he finally spoke.
"So am I." He said and looked around at his teammates, looking scared.

No one said anything at first then Max took a step forward.
"Well, this seems like the time to share. I'm bi."

Louis smiled at them and then Bruce spoke up.
"I'm straight."

That made everyone laugh and the team was shouting "me too."

"I'm glad we got that sorted out." Bruce smirked and added "if someone has a problem with our other teammates you answer to me. We're here to play football and Louis, Andrew, and Max are a part of this team. Okay?"

Louis had never been more grateful and Andrew and Max looked really relieved as well.

He hit the showers and hurried to get dressed. Harry and Niall were waiting for him outside. A couple of his teammates wolf whistled as they walked past them but Louis only had eyes for Harry.
"Hi." He said shyly.

"I can't believe you did that. Are you okay?" Harry asked worriedly.

"Yeah, the guys are cool with it. Two of my other teammates actually came out as well just a minute ago." Louis grinned.

"That's crazy." Niall grinned.

"Yeah, and I told my family over Christmas. No more hiding." Louis said and looked at Harry.

Harry looked really emotional and wrapped his arms around him.
"I'm so proud of you and I love you." He whispered in Louis' ear.

"Thank you. I love you too." Louis whispered back.

"Come on! Let's celebrate! Football win and gay friends, can't get any better than that!" Niall shouted.

Louis and Harry burst out laughing but they followed after Niall. Louis took Harry's hand and entwined their fingers together and Harry beamed.