29

"I'm nervous! Why are we doing this again?" Harry asked.

Louis caressed his cheek lovingly.
"Because this is the only thing you wanted for your sixties birthday babycakes. It's a wonderful idea."

"I feel like twenty again. I can't recall being this nervous the first time we got married." Harry smiled.

"You're still as beautiful as you were at our first wedding." Louis said smoothly.

"I don't have much hair left!" Harry laughed.

"It's still there, not just all of it and you're still as beautiful." Louis winked.

Louis kissed him and went back to his own dressing room to put on his suit when Johannah entered the room to help Harry get dressed. Isobel was waiting for Louis.
"There you are, the wedding is about to start."

"I had to calm papa." Louis smiled.

"I'm so happy that you are renewing your vows." Isobel said and hugged him.

"Me too. I love him so much." Louis said while he started to change his clothes.

Fifteen minutes later he walked down the aisle to join Miles at the podium. They had asked him to be both their best man while the girls were bridesmaids. They were getting married in a church this time.

Harry's mum had passed away and she left a big hole in their hearts. Louis looked around at their guests. His siblings were all there with their partners and children. Harry's sister was there with her husband and their two children. Niall, Liam, and Zayn were there with their families, and last but not least, their grandchildren were sitting in the front with their dads and mums.

Isobel and Matt had a son after Mary whom they named Charlie. He was four now. Miles had a son named Lucas. He was two. Miles had married his girlfriend Katie last spring. Johannah was the only one who didn't have children, but her girlfriend Summer was sitting on the bench as well.

Louis felt so grateful for his big family at that moment and then the love of his life came walking down the aisle and he broke out in a happy smile. Harry looked absolutely gorgeous in a blue creation.

They renewed their vows and there wasn't a dry eye in the room. After they kissed everyone stood up and clapped their hands and then they went to the wedding reception where their loved ones held beautiful speeches, celebrating their love.

They went on a trip to Paris again and enjoyed their time together. They ate good food, did a bit of sightseeing and Harry went on a shopping spree. They made love in their hotel room at night and told each other everything they loved about each other.

A few months later Louis stepped down as head coach. He wanted to spend more time with the family. He still worked as a coach part-time but he handed over the torch to the second coach, a young man who was eager to take the team to another win.

Harry worked part-time as well and when they weren't busy taking care of their grandchildren they traveled the world. They went on a road trip to the USA. They visited Auschwitz in Poland, soaked on a beach in Thailand, Island hopped in Greece, and went on a cruise in the Caribbean. They had the time of their life.

After a food journey to India, they went to Iceland and took a bath in a geyser. They spend their evening at home planning the trips they wanted to make and blew a big part of their savings on one trip after another, but they didn't regret a second of it.

They got to see so much and do so much. They went on a safari in South Africa, rode a camel in Egypt, and saw the pyramids. They went and stood on the great wall of China and they hugged baby panda bears. They swam with dolphins in Hawaii, where they also tried to surf and they went to Australia and New Zealand.

They both fell in love with Tokyo in Japan and they smoked pot in Jamaica, one time and one time only.

They never felt more alive. They were getting older but they were both in good health.

They celebrated 50 years together with a big party, surrounded by friends and family.

Harry didn't hear as well as he used to, due to all the hours he had spent in a studio recording artists. Louis thought it was cute every time he said "huh?"

Louis had to do a hip replacement and Harry never left his side. Afterward, he was as good as new and it sparked their sex life.

They were still as in love as they had always been. They knew everything about each other and they could be anywhere in the world and still feel at home because they were each other's homes. They had been through some hardships in life but there had been so much joy and happiness and most of all love.