28

"I'm pregnant!" Isobel announced with a smile.

Harry let out a weird screech and then he started to cry.
"Oh my God! I'm so happy!"

"Me too. Louis smiled. "I can't believe we're going to be grandparents. Now I feel old!"

"I hate to break it to you dad. You are old!" Johannah joked.

"Hey!" Louis protested.

Five years had gone by since Louis turned fifty and Harry was assaulted. The police never found the man but they had managed to put it behind them.

Their children were adults now and they couldn't be more proud of them. Miles was 27 years old and worked at a computer company. He had been with the same girl for two years and they lived together but didn't seem to have any plans of getting married anytime soon. Miles was calm and quiet, with a good sense of humor.

Johannah had no plans of settling down. She had come out as pansexual three years ago and they supported her to the fullest. She was still a free spirit and they always worried about her. She had traveled the world and worked her way from country to country but now she had settled down in England and worked at a gallery and they could relax a little bit. Johannah always had her emotions on the outside and she was loud and loving.

Isobel was still the same philosophic person who took everything as it came. She didn't get worked up over things and was the one who usually calmed her sister, whenever it was needed, which was daily. She had met her husband at the University. She worked as a teacher at a high school. They had gotten married two years ago and bought a house nearby. Harry and Louis had both bawled their eyes out at the wedding. And now she was pregnant!

"How far along are you?" Harry asked excitedly after he had dried his tears.

"Sixteen weeks." Isobel answered.

"I can't believe you kept this from me!" Johannah complained but then she smiled big. "I'm gonna be the best aunt ever!"

Harry cooked them a celebration dinner and their kids stayed until the evening to catch up. When they had gone home and they were getting ready for bed Harry hugged his husband.
"Grandparents! Can you believe it?"

"It's a new phase in our lives. I'm so excited." Louis smiled.

They went a little crazy after that. Isobel told them that she was having a girl and Harry came home with one onesie after another and both he and Louis cooed over how cute the clothes were.

When she was halfway through her pregnancy Harry called on a Sunday and asked her to come over. He sounded so excited so she dropped everything and went to see what he was up to. Harry immediately took her hand and he and Louis dragged her upstairs to her old room.
"Look!" Harry grinned proudly.

Isobel looked around the room. Her crazy dads had remodeled it to a complete nursery.
"It's beautiful but you get that the baby, mine and Matts's baby, are gonna live with us?" She asked and looked at her dads in concern.

"Of course sweetie." Harry giggled.

"We just thought that if we would get to babysit sometimes our granddaughter would have a place of her own. We have the space." Louis smiled.

"That's your old crib." Harry grinned.

Isobel stared at her fathers in surprise and then she burst out crying, being hormonal and all. Now it was Louis' and Harry's turn to look surprised. Isobel had always been the collected one. Johannah was the one with mood swings.
"We can remove it. It was a stupid idea. We're sorry." Louis said and hugged her.

"No, I love it. It's wonderful and you are the best dads in the world. My daughter will be lucky to have you two as grandparents." Isobel said emotionally.

Harry wiped away a few tears that broke loose after her kind words and hugged her as well.

They hardly slept when Isobel was getting close to her due date. She went a week overtime but then they finally got a text that she had gone into labor and was on her way to the hospital. They couldn't wait at home so they drove to the hospital and waited outside. Johannah and Miles joined them as well. They had to wait for four hours before Matt came outside to inform them that their daughter was born and that everything went well.

They cheered and hugged before they got to go into the room. Isobel looked tired but she smiled at them.
"Hi guys, this is Mary."

Harry was already crying and they laughed at him.
"Seriously papa, you cry at everything. Whenever we drew a picture and gave you, the first time we lost a tooth." Johannah chuckled.

"Don't get me started on my football games." Miles smirked.

"My wedding." Isobel contributed.

Louis put his arm around Harry's shoulders.
"I adore that about him."

Harry giggled and dried his cheek.
"I can't help it. I'm so happy and proud of all of you."

"We love you too papa." Johannah said and hugged him. The rest of his children agreed and Louis just smiled fondly.

"Can I hold her?" Harry asked.

"Of course." Isobel smiled and handed him the baby.

Harry held her like she was made of glass. "Hi love, I'm your grandpa and this is your granddad. Look, Louis, she's beautiful."

Louis was already looking and reached out a hand to caress her head.
"So, grandpa and granddad?"

"That sounds perfect." Isobel smiled.

They left after a while, knowing that Isobel needed to sleep. Harry was walking on clouds.
"Grandpa. I love it!" He grinned.

"She's perfect! We're gonna spoil her rotten." Louis winked.