17

They spent three months planning it. They had decided on a summer wedding outside and they spent their weekends driving around to find the perfect location. They found a small inn in the countryside with a lake and it was the perfect location. They booked the whole inn on the 28 of July. They had a date.

Louis' proposal had gone viral. Newspapers wrote about it and people in the audience had filmed it and posted it online, and along with that came the hate. Louis was in shock at first. He was blindsided. He had been so naive. He hadn't for a second thought that people would think that his proposal would be offensive and disgusting. He just wanted to propose to his boyfriend in a grand gesture. He read one nasty comment after another and he felt so ashamed. He has to quit his job. He couldn't let the club be disgraced like this just because he hadn't been thinking.

Harry found him crying on the couch when he got home from work. Louis had a firm grip of the laptop and he wouldn't stop reading. He had to bend the computer from his hands. He took him in his arms to comfort him.
"They hate me!" Louis sobbed.

Harry sighed and cradled his cheeks.
"You listen to me love. You've been shielded from all of this. You've been fortunate enough to have everyone supporting you, as they should. Of course, this comes as a shock to you. Don't read that. Don't listen to them. You have done nothing wrong. There will always be haters out there but love always wins."

"But the team..." Louis said and Harry cut him off.

"Were all there with you out on the field, helping you propose to your boyfriend. They got your back."

"Yeah, I guess." Louis sighed.

"You did a beautiful, romantic thing and it will be one of my best memories for the rest of my life. I'm just glad we have it all on tape so we can show our children and grandchildren in the future." Harry smiled.

"Children?" Louis questioned and raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Well, we have never really talked about it but I want a whole bunch of them." Harry answered, looking worried.

Louis kissed his lips.
"So would I."

It was a beautiful summer day on the 28th. The perfect day for a wedding. The sun was shining and the air was warm and the water in the lake glittered like diamonds. The wedding guests were sitting by the dock. They kept the wedding invitations intimate. Their families were there of course along with Niall who was the best man for both of them. He had thrown them a killer bachelor party at a gay club downtown, Luckily not the same club where Harry used to pick up his one-night stands.

Liam and Zayn were there, half of Louis's team and Bruce, Max, Russel and Steve, his old teammates from high school were also invited.

They had decorated the dock with flowers. Louis' younger siblings, Doris and Ernest were flower girls or girl and boy. Everybody let out a collected "Aaaaw" when they walked down the aisle, throwing flowers around them. Harry's sister Gemma was the maid of honor.

Louis walked down the aisle first in a black suit, looking really handsome. Harry had gone with something more distinctive, a white suit with black flowers. Louis's beautiful blue eyes were radiating love as Harry walked toward his husband-to-be. Louis reached out a hand when he was close enough to take it.
"You look beautiful." Louis whispered.

"So do you." Harry beamed.

The minister began.
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man, and this man in holy matrimony. Not to be entered into lightly, holy matrimony should be entered into solemnly and with reverence and honor. Into this holy agreement, these two persons come together to be joined. If any person here can show cause why these two people should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Harry looked around at their wedding guests and everyone was smiling. Harry's mum was crying, and so were Gemma and Louis' sisters. Niall was bawling loudly. The minister continued.
"Marriage is a sacred union and shall remain unbroken. It is the basis of a stable and loving relationship and is a joining of two hearts, bodies, and souls. These two men are here to support one another and provide love and care in times of joy and times of adversity."

Harry couldn't hold back his tears and when Louis saw him getting emotional he teared up as well.
"We are all here today to witness the joining in wedded bliss of Louis William Tomlinson and Harry Edward Styles. They have their own vows that they would like to share with you all. Louis?"

Louis tried to collect himself. He gazed deeply into Harry's eyes.
"Harry, when I first met you I was in denial. If it hadn't been for you I think, no, I'm sure that I never would have had the courage to come out. You showed me that it's okay. You showed me how beautiful love can be and I will forever be grateful for that. I love you so much. You are the love of my life. I promise that I will never take you for granted. You are so beautiful and smart and funny and just amazing. I'm gonna tell you that every day. I should have prepared this speech because I don't really know how to form in words how I feel about you so I'm just gonna say I love you again even if it doesn't begin to cover it."

Harry wiped away a stray tear that rolled down his cheek before he started to speak.
"You amaze me every day. I'm so proud of how far you have come. You're the strongest and bravest person I know. You mean everything to me. You make me complete and you make me a better person. I love you so much. I promise to always be there for you. I promise that I will love you every day for the rest of my life. This is it, you and me, and I promise that nothing will ever come between us. I love everything about you. I love you."

They smiled at each other and the minister cleared his throat.
"That was beautiful. Do you, Louis William Tomlinson take Harry Edward Styles to be your lawfully wedded husband and live together forever in the estate of holy matrimony? Do you love, comfort, honor, and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Louis answered, choking on emotions.

"Do you, Harry Edward Styles take Louis William Tomlinson to be your lawfully wedded husband and live together forever in the estate of holy matrimony? Do you love, comfort, honor, and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Harry answered and smiled through tears.

"The wedding ring is an unbroken symbol of the everlasting love and commitment between two people." The minister said.

Niall gave Harry and Louis the rings. He looked like a mess, but a happy mess.

"Repeat after me: With this ring, I thee wed." The minister said.

Louis held up the ring and looked at Harry.
"With this ring, I thee wed." He said and put the ring on Harry's finger.

"Harry, repeat after me: With this ring, I thee wed." The minister said with a smile.

Harry looked at Louis with a dimpled smile.
"With this ring, I thee wed." He said sincerely and put the ring on Louis' finger.

"With the power vested in me by God and the United kingdom I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss." The minister finished.

Harry jumped up and wrapped his legs around Louis' waist before he kissed him passionately. Everyone cheered and clapped their hands.