25

"Dad, can Barry stay over for dinner?" Miles shouted as he came inside the house.

"Of course!" Louis yelled back.

The boys came strolling into the kitchen.
"How was football practice?" Louis asked while he stirred the pasta sauce.

"As usual." Miles said with a shoulder shrug while he opened the fridge to look inside.

"Hey, dinner's ready in five minutes. Close the fridge." Louis said.

"Where's papa?" Miles asked and stepped away from the fridge.

"He should be home any minute now. Can you set the table?" Louis asked.

Miles sighed but complied and Barry helped him out. Louis shook his head in amusement. Time had gone by so fast. Miles was seventeen now and the twins fourteen. The fact that he was turning 45 himself had totally passed him by. He still felt like thirty-something.

"Hello!" Harry shouted from the hallway.

"In here!" Louis yelled back.

Harry came up behind him and wrapped his arms around him and kissed the back of his neck.
"Hi handsome, what are you making?"

"Just some pasta. Did you have a good day at work?" Louis asked with a smile.

"Yeah, but I missed you." Harry answered and bit him playfully on the shoulder.

"Hazza, watch it! I'm gonna drop the food on the floor." Louis giggled.

"Oh my God! You two are soooooo embarrassing. Seriously? Like, chill!" Johannah screeched as she entered the kitchen.

Harry turned around and smiled at their daughter.
"Hi, sweetie. How was school?"

"Aaaah, why would you ask me that? Stop trying to interfere with my life!" Johannah huffed.

"Johannah, behave." Louis said in a warning tone.

Johannah ran out of the kitchen and Harry sighed.
"She hates me."

Louis turned around and cupped his face.
"She doesn't. She's just an angry teenager. Don't take it personally."

"It's hard not to." Harry answered and hung his head.

"You're an amazing dad and a wonderful person. My favorite in the whole wide world." Louis said and caressed his cheek lovingly.

"You're not so bad yourself." Harry smirked before he smiled and showed off his dimples.

"Ouch!" Louis gasped and put a hand on his chest before he pulled him in for a kiss.

"Great they're at it again." Johannah sighed dramatically.

"Great, the bitch is at it again." Miles said, trying to make his voice sound like hers.

"You take that back!" Johannah growled through gritted teeth and smacked his arm.

"Guys! Stop fighting. Miles, apologize to your sister for calling her a bitch. Let's eat." Louis sighed.

"Soooorry." Miles said sarcastically and Johannah flipped him the finger.

Later that night when Harry and Louis went to bed Harry seemed sad. Louis had lost his temper earlier after Johannah had called Harry stupid and sent her to her room for the rest of the night. He laid down and cuddled his husband.
"Are you okay love?"

Harry started to cry.
"Why is she so mean to me all the time? I really try to connect with her in every way possible. I ask her if she wants to do something just the two of us and she just rolls her eyes at me and says why would I want that? It's hard."