Roger Pirates!

The entire crew had made their escape and soon arrived on Grove 13 and had entered a shop called 'Shakky's Rip-off Bar', which was owned by a relatively slim and tall woman with short black hair, two tufts pointing upwards and smoking a cigarette. She was wearing a pink, v-neck t-shirt that exposed her stomach with a black spider on it beneath a black jacket with pink lines running down the sleeves that has a collar with wing-like cuffs. She also wore a yellow beaded necklace, pants that have a giraffe-like pattern, and a belt with a white cardigan tied around it. She also wears white shoes and had painted fingernails. She was called Shakky, hence the name. As Chopper was treating Hatchan, the crew talked with Rayleigh where he reveals his relation to Gol D. Roger."Eh?! On the Pirate King's ship?!" Luffy was completely stunned upon hearing that.
"Yes, I'm Silvers Raleigh, The ships vice captain." He had informed them while saying it was nice to meet them.
"Vice-Captain!?" And the rest of the crew were just as shocked.
"You didn't tell them, Hatchan? Miss Luna?" Shakky was asking as both Hatchan and Luna knew this, but did not tell them.
"We only need his help with the coating, so..." Had been Hatchan's response as he was laying across a bed brought out to the bar.
"And I didn't really see the point in telling them." And Luna's had been the same as always, as she was it ing at the bar along Rayleigh that was pouring her booze in a glass cup.
"Oh? You didn't realise it?" But it seemed that Robin had come to realise who he was already.
"I know his name so well!" Usopp was in tears as he spoke pointing at Rayleigh.
"It's in so many books!" As was nami, since they knew the name but didn't realise it till now.
"It's definitely a name everyone he is at least once..." Sanji was still in shock speaking.
"Gold Roger... I seem to vaguely remember Ricky names that long ago, but I'm not sure..." And since Brook been in the fog for all these years, he didn't know anything so he wasn't surprised in the slightest.
"How do you such a big shot in an octopus know each other?" Zoro was asking.
"Hachi rescued me over 20 years ago, when I was stranded in the sea." Rayleigh revealed how he met Hatchan.
"He saved his life. He was still a child at the time, though." Shakky informed them of this detail.
"Hachi and I remained close after that, until he joined the Sun Pirates."
"You mean Arlong, right?" But that wasn't exactly what he meant.
"What about Luna?" Chopper asked then, since it was clear the two knew each other and for some reason the old man was respectful a lot like many of other people they meet Luna knew. And it wasn't for the fact that she was biologically older than them.
"Miss Luna?" Rayleigh turned to the woman in question, who didn't say anything as she was drinking. "... It was back when we first entered the Grand Line. We were on this island and she was beating the crap out of some guys hitting on her. After that we coincidentally meet each other here and there."
"That's how we meet." Robin was chuckling as she reminded that day.
"Yeah, but compared to back then, Miss Luna seems to have become more relaxed." That had been added by Rayleigh as he never would have expected that she joined a crew let along one filled of humans.
"Still..." Sanji had began to speak upon lighting up a cigarette. "Even though Gold Roger was executed 22 years ago, you didn't get your head chopped off for being vice captain?" He was asking as to how Rayleigh could still be alive if Roger's crew was captured. Having that question asked, the entire bar had became silent as they looked at the old man.
"We weren't caught." The crew seemed confused. "Roger turned himself in." But that soon turned to shock.
"The government just made it seem that way to show their strength to the public." Luna had stated as she knew all about it.
"The King of the Pirates turned himself in!? Why?!" Nami just couldn't seem to understand the answer the reason.
"Because he saw an end to our journey." Rayleigh goes on to tell them the reason why. "About four years before the day of his execution, Roger caught a fetal illness." Needless to say, other then Luna, the rest were surprised in hearing this. "Not even Roger could avoid the suffering that this terminal, insurable disease brought. But, there was One man with a skill to ease of suffering: a man at the Twin Capes called Crocus, who was the most respected Lighthouse keeper and doctor in the sea." Brook had come to stop upon hearing the name Crocus. "We asked for his help and brought him on a ship doctor for a final voyage. Finally, three years later, managing to escape death, Roger achieved what was said to be impossible: he conquered the Grand Line." Rayleigh couldn't help by smile thinking back to those days and Luna remembered that day as well.
"C-C-Crocus!? At the Twin Capes!? Oh, that brings back memories!" Brook seemed like he was about to cry.
"Huh?! That old guy wasn't there for 50 years straight!?" Usopp had come to stand up asking. "He was a member of the Pirate King's crew?!" It was a really shock to him and those that meet him.
"Come to think of it, he did mention being a ships doctor for a few years!" But Nami and come to remember this, thinking back. "So he was a pirate for those three years, then!?"
"The fact that you've met him must mean he's still doing well!" The old man was delighted to hear his old friend was fine. "Crocus agreed to come aboard because there was a certain group of pirates he wanted to look for." Rayleigh had told them the reason Crocus joined
"Brook! It was you guys he sent out to find, no doubt about it!" The Straw Hats figure must have been the Rumbar Pirates.
"Crocus...! You even went to such lengths...! Which brought tears to Brook's eyes sockets.
"He was only a crewmember for three years, but he was unquestionably one of us! At this age now, it'd be great to see him again..." Rayleigh had come to say like a sure old man.
"So, what happened after he conquered the sea?" Sanji asked urging for the story to continue.
"That's when it all began. The world started calling Roger King of the Pirates. He hadn't been King of the Pirates the entire time before or anything." It was continued however, the title was meaningless since he was about to die. "Titles hold my meaning for a man about to die. But Roger was overjoyed." He was a man who loved doing everything in grand style, didn't matter if it was celebrating or fighting. Almost exactly like Luffy or exactly like him. "He even seem to enjoy thinking out a plan for the future, even though he wouldn't be a part of it." A man that was always smiling and laughing. That was how Luna remembered him. "Eventually, as per captains orders, the Roger pirates was secretly disbanded. One by one, everyone discreetly left. As comrades, we are risked our lives together, But I know almost nothing about where they are or what they are doing now." Things were moving forward with the story as all were just sitting in silence, listening.
"One year later, Roger turned himself in to the Marines who decided to make a public execution of him to throw fear into pirates around the world, in the town that he was born in. Loguetown located in the East Blue." Luna had spoken this part, as the world fell completely silence that day.
"I heard that many of the young faces in the town Square that day when I want to making names for themselves on the high seas today." Rayleigh spoken once again as he hadn't been there at the time. "The world focused its attention on the pirate Kings execution. I didn't attend it." The man had come to say as his pupils were shaking as he spoke of that day. The final words he said went like this..." However, Roger had other plans; his last words to Rayleigh being 'I'm not going to die, partner'... The crew were speechless as they looked at him. The World Government and the Navy must've been shocked. "With only one last remark from Roger, the public execution meant to serve as an example to other pirates instead became the opening ceremony of the Great Pirates Age!" On the fateful day of his execution, Roger made his famous speech to the world which, in turn, created the current age of piracy. In his last few seconds, he change the temp flame of his life into a housefire that spread across the world!I've never laughed as much as I did on that night. Nor have I ever cried as much... Or drink as much as I did on that night. Our captain lived one hell of a life!" The Straw Hats were astonished by the story. That excluded Luna that was there during that time.
"It's like we just had something incredible!" Nami had come to say as those were the only words she could think of. "It's almost like a different story, hearing it from someone who was there!"
"Then it's almost as if Roger created the Great Pirate Era on purpose!" Usopp was saying as that had what anyone would think upon hearing that.
"That... we still can't say." But it wasn't like Rayleigh denied it. "Roger is dead.Only the people living now can create this ear." He began chugging down a bottle of booze, despite having a cup in front of him. "I'm certain there are people who inherited something from Roger on that day in the town Square. Your good friends, Shanks, is probably one of them." That was being pointed out to Luffy that was still stuffing his face.
"Eh? You know Shanks, old man?" The rubber man was asking surprised.
"Have you also heard of the East Blue pirate known as Buggy?" Rayleigh had then came to ask him
"Buggy..." There were two people who made unpleasant expressions hearing it.
"The two of them were apprentices on out ship." Rayleigh tells the group.
"Eh!? Shanks was on the Pirate King's ship!?" Which had come as a shock to Luffy, but it seemed that he didn't care much for Buggy.
"Did the kid not tell you?" Luna had come to ask him, as she knew of this and thought that Luffy did.
"Yeah." Rayleigh seemed confused but continued. "I ran into him again on these islands about 10 years ago, and he lost his trademark straw hat, along with his left arm." Luffy came to cover his mouth while he was covered in cold sweat, as the reason Shanks lost his arm was due to him. When I asked about what happens, he Chifley spoke about you." Rayleigh was told about Luffy, claiming that he had met a kid that said the same things as their captain did. .And I've wanted to meet you—Monkey D. Luffy—ever since."
"Shanks!" Luffy seemed happy upon hearing this as he remembered the past.
"I'm afraid I can't, in good mind, bubble on about things Shanks hasn't told you. In any case, you've done well to get this for!" Rayleigh was in a way, congratulating not just Luffy but the entire crew. "I'm sure he's eagerly waiting for you in the New World."
"Really!? Do you think so?! I can't wait to see him, too!"
"Now, then. Let's get down to business." Rayleigh had gotten up from his seat. "You wanted your shit coated, is that right? I should get back to my real job, anyway."
"That reminds me, coating cost a lot of money..." Hatchan had come to speak of it.
"No, that's alright, Hachi. I can't take money from friends of yours." The old man was stating to him, waving his hand. "Plus, I don't have the balls to ask Miss Luna for money." He add this part in more of a whisper.
"I can hear you." But it didn't seem to matter.
"I dunno why, but he's doing it for free!"
"We appreciate it! You're one generous guy!" This much came to have the Straw Hats' pleasured.
"It sounds like we just saved a ton of money!" especially Nami. Although, none of them seemed to notice how Robin was tensing up. Except Luna, who knew what it was she was thinking. Then all eyes fell on her in slight confusion as she came to stand up..
"Rayleigh. I have a question!" The old man had turned to her as she spoke. "What exactly is the 'Will of D'?" She had asked him and his head had turned away from her. "Roger's name was engraved in ancient writing on a Poneglyph I saw on a sky island." She was speaking of the golden bell that it was built into. "How was he able to use that writing?! Was it because Luna is able to read it?!" This had been the first time the crew heard of this and their eyes shifted to the demon, who hadn't bothered to step in. "Do you people know what happened to the world during the Blank Century that began 900 years ago!?" Robin seemed desperate as she was shouting at him.
"Yes. We know. We learned the entirety of history." Rayleigh replies that the Roger Pirates did indeed find out the whole history. This was everything Robin ever wanted to know, everything that her life was spent on. For the past 20 years it was the only thing that had given her meaning in living. Until she meet Luffy and the others. "But, Miss. You mustn't be hasty. Continue to move forward one step at a time on your own ship. We—and Ohara—might have hurried a bit too much." It was hard to tell if she was shocked or angry at his words. "Even if I told you everything about history right here, you still wouldn't be able to do anything as you are now. Once you've taken the time to see the world, it's possible you will be led to a different answer than we were. But, if you still insist on hearing it, I can tell you everything about this world right now." He offers to reveal it to her.
"No, I'll pass. I'll continue my journey." But Robin politely turns him down, agreeing with his earlier advice.
"It will all come into sight someday." Was all he had to say. "I'm sorry for what happened to your homeland of Ohara. However, Miss Luna wasn't there when Roger wrote that message. But he didn't decipher that writing either!" That had been cleared but Robin didn't understand how he was able to then. "We're pirates. We can't possibly match the intellect of geniuses like Miss Luna, Clover and the scholars of Ohara. He heard the voice of the universe, that's all." Although, he wasn't really make sense in saying that.
"Whoa, are you sure, Robin?! Are you sure you didn't just pass up an incredible chance!?" Usopp had then came to ask her. "Umm, old guy! There's one more thing I wanna ask!" He had then gone onto saying with his hand raised. "The legendary great treasure, the One Piece! Is it really—!"
"Usopp!"