Chapter - 51 (Catch me if you can!!)

Hey my lovely Tranians! Huge sorry for late update. I have been so busy with my Masters life. US is seriously so distracting and busy. I am introducing a new character in this chapter for making up to the wait. Scroll down for enjoying this chapter. 

Ana's pov:

Warm rays of light hit my morning face, or is it afternoon already? I don't remember when I fell asleep. Remnants from my dream that I had last night hit me like tons of bricks. I shudder just thinking about it. Images of Troy being engulfed in what's supposed to be a black smoke or something scares me to death. I know I need to talk about all these fogs and powders are making me sick to death. I close my eyes to remove those figments from my mind. 

In the depths of Aurora's mind, a turbulent storm rages, threatening to shatter the fragile fragments of her trust. Once before, she experienced the agony of losing Troy, her one true mate. The wounds from that loss have barely healed, leaving scars etched deep within her soul. For her, his presence represents security, a beacon of solace amid a chaotic world. But should fate, cruel and unforgiving, snatch him away again, Aurora knows she would be plunged into an abyss of despair. The mere thought of his disappearance ignites a fiery tempest within her, a tempest that consumes reason and instigates a ferocious frenzy. It is in those moments that her primal instincts take control, obliterating anything that dares to cross her path. Aurora's mind is a labyrinth of wild thoughts, untamed and savage, driven by the fear of losing the one she holds dearest. She envisions the void swallowing Troy, erasing his existence like a phantom. Such thoughts, haunting and tormenting, threaten to break her spirit. 

Added to her anguish is the weight of guilt that she carries, a remorse born from an unintended tragedy. The memory of Luca, her best friend's mate, lies heavy on her conscience. In a moment of uncontrollable rage, she inadvertently brought about his demise, forever staining their shared history. The pain of that loss lingers, intertwining with her current fears, amplifying the devastation that would befall her if Troy were to vanish. And adding to the cherry on top, the terrifying dream I had last night has left me even more clueless on what is truly going on in my life. 

Flashback:

I am in the hallway of Jus's house once again. All of a sudden, this reminded me of the Spirit Realm travel I did few hours ago. I was waiting patiently for that arrogant woman to drop by once again, tagging along her misty white fog along with her. Only this time, I do not feel that eerie calm feeling, I, in fact feel the exact opposite. I have a feeling something bad is coming my way. Right at the junction of the hallway and kitchen, a sinister presence manifests as a black, fog-like substance, oozing from the depths of the unknown. Fear takes hold, tightening it's grip around my heart. Right when I thought things were getting worse, Troy appeared  from the staircase, walking towards me. I was signaling to look behind him, my eyes widening in terror hoping he will catch sight of the encroaching black fog but he just walked past it. I barely had the time to process when a sharp black twig started snaking its way towards him. With a swift, merciless motion, it coils around his leg, pulling him into its malevolent embrace. The inky blackness swallows him whole, his form disappearing into the abyss. My mind reels in shock, my worst fear realized in an instant, as the sinister presence claims my mate.

End of Flashback:

Lately, I seem to be a magnet for all sorts of troubles, from strange powders to eerie fogs. What baffles me is why all these are only visible to me and not to anyone else around. And, that's not the only thing that bothers me. What concerns me more is why do everyone keeps warning me about the imminent dangers I will encounter in the days ahead, yet they provide me with vague explanations, leaving me in a state of confusion and uncertainty. It's like handing a chocolate to a 5-year old and refusing him to eat it, which is very troublesome and confusing. I don't even know whom to consult for gathering more insights and information on these latest incidents. Consulting Troy is a huge no-no, as he freaks out even more and I don't want to burden him more with my stuff. He already has a lot on his plate (cue the 'clichè feeling guilty for our mate' thingy). I feel like I will burst out of frustration of being in the unknown about the things happening around me. If only I had any sort of clues as to what those mean, I would have had an idea of how to handle them.