☾hapter I

When I opened my eyes, I saw a wooden ceiling. Am I not dead ? Or will I end up like in these weird movies where I'll be rewatching my life and not being able to interact with others ? I looked around and saw that I was in a bed.

It's strange, someone must have found me. I have to find my phone to tell my parents; they must be worried sick !

I looked around, but I didn't see my phone. Where the hell is it ?! I finally noticed the size of my hands. Why are they so small ? I stared at my hands for long minutes in disbelief, probably thinking that the fall made me hallucinate.

 Why are they so small ? I stared at my hands for long minutes in disbelief, probably thinking that the fall made me hallucinate

I decided to look at my reflection in the bucket of water in the corner of the room. I guess I'm not going to care why this bucket is there; at least it is useful to me.

Seeing myself so small, I held back from screaming. What the hell ?! Why am I a kid again ! Well, Anelise, don't panic. I give myself a slap to see if I can wake up.

Ouch ! Okay, I feel the pain, so it's not a dream...

I crossed my arms and sighed in frustration. Trying to come up with a plan or a logical explanation, I began to observe the room I was in. It's a fairly simple room with a few stuffed animals. It's sparsely decorated, but it's still cozy.

" Anelise, sweetheart, is there a problem ? I thought I heard a noise".

I suddenly heard a woman's voice on the other side of the door. The only question that came to my mind was : who is she ?

" Yes, don't worry ! Everything is fine".

No, it's not okay; it's a disaster ! I cried inside. Even my voice is high-pitched !

I would bang my head against the wall to try to wake up in my original body, but I doubt it would work except to hurt myself.

" Okay, get dressed and come to have your breakfast".

The lady finally left and went down the stairs. I sighed for the second time that day...

Well, I guess the only way to find out what's going on and where I am is to go outside...

I went to the wardrobe to get dressed. I picked a beige dress with a brown jacket. I combed my hair and then put on my shoes before heading to the bedroom door.

Well, I'm a child again, which means I have to act like a child and not a 21-year-old adult. Being a child again, the one thing I never wanted to happen, but I have no choice... I took a deep breath before opening the bedroom door and walking down the stairs.

" Good morning, sweetheart, how are you ?".

" I'm fine, thanks, Mom".

Mom ? How did I know it was my mother ? I shook my head, trying not to make too strange an expression. It was as if someone had whispered to me that it was my mother, but I couldn't figure out what...