☾hapter LXXVI

Third person POV : 

Zeke had been observing the chaos unfold on the battlefield, and he knew it was time to make his move. With a surge of determination, he towered over the Marleyan aerial vessels that had been wreaking havoc on Paradis Island. 

The colossal Beast Titan swung its massive arms, smashing the flying machines to pieces. The deafening crashes echoed across the battlefield, drowning out the sounds of explosions and gunfire.

Meanwhile, deep within the fortified cells, Mikasa, Armin, and their fellow comrades awaited their fate

Meanwhile, deep within the fortified cells, Mikasa, Armin, and their fellow comrades awaited their fate. The air was heavy with despair, their spirits dampened by the uncertainty of the ongoing battle. 

As the sound of explosions reverberated through the prison walls, a glimmer of anticipation shimmered in Mikasa's eyes. Suddenly, the door to their cell groaned and creaked under the immense force applied from the other side. Onyankopon stood before them, his face etched with determination.

" Onyankopon ?! What's going on outside ?". Jean demanded, his voice filled with urgency.

" The Marleyan army is attacking from the sky using airships ! About 500 soldiers along with the Armor, the Jaw, and the Cart ! Eren and Anelise are taking them on by themselves !". Onankopon explained, his voice filled with urgency, while opening their cell door.

Jean's eyes widened," What ?! Anelise is there ?!".

" Oh no... She's not a Titan !". Sasha muttered worriedly.

" Yeah. They're fighting hard... But they can't fight forever ! Marley will steal the Founder and the Chosen One from us ! Please, you've all got to help ! Let's defend Eren and Anelise together !". Onyankopon pleaded, his voice desperate.

Everyone remained silent as Onyankopon opened the door to their cell, but Connie couldn't hold back any longer. He grabbed Onyankopon by the collar of his shirt before slamming him against the wall, glaring at him.

" You can't be serious ! Fight together ?! After all you've done ?! This is your battle ! Did you really think we'd take orders from a traitor like you ! I'll get Anelise out of this mess, and then you're on your own !". Connie shouted angrily.

" I... I'm sorry. But disobeying Yelena could only mean getting my head blown off...". Onyankopon said, his voice filled with remorse.

" You were the one acting all nice to us while you were really just plotting to take over Paradis with that wine ! You know what ?! I'm tired of being betrayed ! By Reiner... By Bertholdt... Annie ! Eren ! I'm sick and tired of it, dammit !

Why ?! Why should we have to help Eren just so none of us can ever have kids ?! And that Anelise could be a sacrifice ! She's done enough for him ! For all of it !". Connie yelled, tears welling up in his eyes.

" Connie, please wait ! You're going to kill him at this rate !". Sasha pleaded with him, her voice filled with concern.

Armin and Sasha quickly pushed him away from Onyankopon, allowing him to catch his breath, and making Connie look at them in confusion.