☾hapter XLV

Third person POV :

The members of Squad Hange erupted with joy upon witnessing their success in extracting Reiner from his Titan form. Reiner's body bore the unmistakable scars of the devastating explosions; had it not been for his Titan abilities, he would have succumbed to his injuries by now.

" We did it ! We sent his head flying !". Cheered a jubilant soldier.

" We took down the Armored Titan !". Another soldier roared in triumph.

Hange's apprehensive gaze remained fixed on Reiner, fully aware that this battle was far from over. They knew that one final assault should be sufficient to bring him to an official end.

" Heh... We did it... You were a real pain to deal with. But look at you now, you evil bastard !". Jean exclaimed, his eyes locked onto Reiner.

Jean then noticed Sasha and Connie crouched down, tears streaming down their faces. Annoyed by their emotional state, he grabbed them by the collars of their cloaks.

" What the hell are you two crying for ?! C'mon, get up ! We're not done yet !". Jean scolded them.

" All we've done is kill Reiner !". Sasha sobbed.

" Don't cry !". Jean demanded, though his own eyes welled up with tears, ironic as it was.

" We're the ones who killed him !". Sasha added in a shaky voice.

Eren, still in shock from the recent turn of events, stared at Reiner. However, he snapped out of his stupor when Hange barked out orders.

" We're not finished ! Prepare your equipment for the next one !". Hange ordered sternly.

Mikasa glanced at Armin, who trembled uncontrollably. She sighed softly before placing her hand on his shoulder.

" Armin". Mikasa called out gently.

" There was no room for negotiation...". Armin muttered.

" Huh ?". Mikasa said, confusion etched across her face.

" After all, we're the ones with an overwhelming lack of knowledge. We don't have the power to capture and restrain a human that can transform into a Titan... And if we can't do that... This is our only option. This was unavoidable". Armin explained.

Mikasa cast a sad glance at him before her attention was abruptly drawn to Reiner's Titan, which had shifted slightly.

" Hey. It moved...". Mikasa's voice trailed off, her eyes widening.

Armin had no time to ask questions as Reiner's Titan began to scream.

" Hey... Did we not hit it with enough Thunder Spears ?". Gunther said in frustration.

" Blow it to pieces ! We must make him shut up !". Kenny shouted.

Anelise's POV :

Levi and I exchanged worried glances as the anguished cry of Reiner's Titan echoed through the battlefield. What could be happening now ? What sinister plan was that bastard trying to execute?

" Is that... The Armored Titan roaring ?". Levi exclaimed, his voice tinged with concern.

I shifted my gaze toward the Beast Titan, its unsettling smirk sending shivers down my spine. This couldn't be a good sign. My eyes then locked onto the quadrupedal Titan as the Beast Titan abruptly took a barrel that was onto its back.

 My eyes then locked onto the quadrupedal Titan as the Beast Titan abruptly took a barrel that was onto its back