☾hapter LXXIII

Third person POV : 

As Zeke suffered endless agony, he began to remember his life in Marley when he was young. Because they were Eldians, wherever they might go... People tended to hate them, they were nothing to them. 

His parents, trying to change things and trying to do the right thing, ended up pushing Zeke to his limits as a child. He remembers that the only person who was there for him was the previous owner of the Beast Titan. 

It was he who advised him to denounce his parents, telling him that he never loved him, that they put too much expectation on the shoulders of such a young child without ever thinking about what he wanted. 

But above all, Mister Ksaver had advised him to do so in order to save himself and avoid being sent in 'heaven' with them. Thus, by accusing them, he was able to prove his loyalty to Marley and save his grandparents and himself.

Thus, Zeke found himself dealing with the difficulties of growing up without his parents, seeking advice from people who could provide support. One such person was Mister Ksaver. But unfortunately, his term was almost over and he became weak.

In his suffering, he remembered the promise he had made to Mister Ksaver, to free the people of the world from their fear of the Titans and free the Eldians from their suffering. Levi, who was driving the carthorse in the rain, turned slightly as he heard Zeke mutter something.

" The only way... to save Eldia... is to put us... out of our misery".

Levi scoffed and stopped the horses, " That was your plan ? Mercy killings ? Well, you're about to die inside a Titan's stinky mouth, to the sound of your own body being chewed to pieces... I'd say that's a pretty merciful death for you, right ? Considering you stole the lives of so many of my comrades".

" I stole nothing...". Zeke replied, trying to catch his breath.

Levi narrowed his eyes and glared at him.

" I... saved them. Them and the children they would have... I saved them all... from this cruel world...".

Levi pulled out his blades ready to cut him again, " Looks like you're growing another leg...".

All of a sudden, Zeke started to shout, " I hope you're watching, Mister Ksaver !".

Levi stopped in his tracks when he saw that Zeke had started to squirm, activating the Thunder Spear. As he was about to take the blast, someone shouted his name before stepping in front of him to try and protect him as much as possible, sending them both to the ground unconscious with the carthorse exploding behind them.

 As he was about to take the blast, someone shouted his name before stepping in front of him to try and protect him as much as possible, sending them both to the ground unconscious with the carthorse exploding behind them

While Hange was separated from the other members of the Survey Corps, they found themselves near the site of the explosion with Floch and some other Jaegerists.

" What was that ?". Floch wondered.

One Jaegerist shrugged his shoulders, " Maybe lightning ?".

" That was a Thunder Spear... Zeke should be in custody farther ahead... What could've happened there ?". Hange thought anxiously.