Sneaky Suspicion

You sat silently on your roof, staring up at the night sky covered with pin points of light. It had been ages since you had been able to sit and enjoy nature from a birds eye view, especially since you could think in peace. This was your favorite spot, and no one could find you here, until something, or someone for that matter, changed that.

You didn't notice anything odd at first, but something suddenly covered your mouth, causing you to flail wildly. You slid lower down the slanted shingles, in danger of falling off when a strong hand grabbed your arm and effortlessly pulled you back to safety, "Hey, calm down. It's all right, it's me. Stop struggling, (Y/N)!!" The hand was removed from your mouth, and you gasped as you whirled around to face him.

Isaac Lahey, your first friend in high school, sat with his hands in a surrender position and a sly smirk. You let out a large groan and shoved him, "You scared the crap out of me! How did you even know I was here?" Isaac laughed, "There's a lot of things I know, (Y/N). I just choose when to reveal them." You snorted, "You're so full of it. Why'd you come up here?"

Like a light switch, his mood changed from light hearted to serious, "Why did you come up here?" You sighed, "My parents wouldn't leave me alone, and kept barging into my room after I closed my door. They wouldn't stop asking what I was doing, how long it would take, and kept droning on about schedules and strict time placements. I'm a free spirit, and would much rather have a loose schedule and go with the flow than be so uptight. I finally couldn't take the invasions of privacy any more. They think I'm in the shower, since I've got the water running in my bathroom." Isaac glanced at me, "Why the hell are your parents so strict?" You shrugged, "I don't know, can we talk about something else, please?"

You both sat in silence for the next few moments, before Isaac commented, "I went to bed early and had a nightmare. It was so bad, that I ended up throwing on some clothes and running down the street to get away from Scott's house. It doesn't make any sense, why are my nightmares worse there?" You casually scooted closer to the mentally scarred and broken boy next to you, immediately feeling as if your problems were inferior, "Isaac, you know you can always call me if you need someone to help." He turned to you fully, his eyes shining with unshed tears, "And you know that you can always call me to sneak you out of the house."

You both smiled, not breaking eye contact. He moved closer, "You know, there's something I've been wanting to tell you for a long time now." You tilted your head in pure curiosity, "What is that?" His eyes flicked over your face, studying it, "You have the most gorgeous body, and soul, of anyone I've ever met." Your eyes widened in excitement. You'd had the biggest crush on Isaac that had started only a few days after you had met him. Now, after 2 years, you were finally getting somewhere. "Thank you. You're extraordinarily brave to have endured everything you've gone through, and still be so... Perfect." A furious red blush lit up his cheeks, and he looked away, causing you to giggle. Before you knew what you were doing, you laid a hand on his shoulder, turned his face towards you, and kissed the heck out of him like you had been dreaming of.

To your insane delight, he kissed back! The two of you drew closer, melding your bodies as well as your feelings. Just as you had reached into his hair and started twining it between your fingers, you heard your mom yell, "(Y/N)!!! That shower has been long enough, and you're wasting hot water! Get. OUT!!"

You pulled away with a gasp, "Oh my god, I completely forgot about my cover!" Isaac fell back on the roof in fits of laughter as you playfully hit him in the arm. You placed your hands on both sides of his head as you leaned over him, "I have to go." He traced a finger along your cheek, "I wish you would stay." You sighed and planted a goodbye kiss firmly on his lips, "Tomorrow?" He winked, "Tomorrow." You rolled off of him, and swung into your room, sprinting for the bathroom while smiling in glee. Looks like your favorite spot was shared now.

* I'm so glad to see so many views on this story! Thanks you for reading, and make sure to leave comments and likes!!