New York State of Mind

(Y/F/B)- your favorite breakfast

The pack was taking a New Years vacation to the Big Apple and you couldn't be more excited about it!! The overall adventure of it was almost enough to make you jump up and down at the taste of freedom. You absolutely loved being away from the prying eyes of your parents and actually getting out with your friends.

After you had packed nearly everything but the kitchen sink, your parents dropped you off at the airport. With a few heartfelt goodbyes, you took a deep breath and hurried to find the pack's meeting spot.

Scott, Lydia, Derek, Isaac, Allison, Stiles, and Liam were either pacing around and chatting or sprawled in seats with sleep about to take over. Everyone had to wake up early to make the flight, and you were feeling a bit groggy yourself. What slightly deflated your excitement, though, was seeing Allison on Isaac's lap.

They were dating, but Isaac didn't know that you had had a crush on him since the first time that you were introduced to the pack. It was quite a motley crew, but you were a mere human that had become friends with Lydia. During a fight between the Alpha pack and Scott's pack, you had hit both of the twins over the head with a crow bar. After that, you were formally inducted.

Lydia ran up to hug you, and Allison did as well. No one knew of your deep jealousy of her, but you shoved it down and were her friend all the same. Lydia was nearly hopping out of excitement,

"We all get to go to New York together! We get to see Broadway, eat out of food carts, tour the fresh market, and watch the actual ball drop that like EVERYONE in America has on their tv!!"

You laughed as Scott motioned to you all to follow his lead, "Yeah, that place is going to be packed. I'm glad that Scott's little werewolf connections got us a reserved spot in the chaos!!"

Allison shrugged, "Hey, the perks of being the one and only 'True Alpha', right?"

Was that longing that you heard in her voice?

Dismissing that thought, you followed everyone through security and boarded your plane soon after. The feeling of having to pop your ears because of the pressure made you uncomfortable, but the overall experience of flying was worth it. Your seat was by the window, so you got to stare at the foreign landscape of fluffy, gorgeous, and breathtaking clouds.

The plane landed, everyone filed off, and you were taken to your hotel by bus. You elbowed Liam lightly in the arm to get her attention as you watched all of the people walking on the sidewalks. You whispered,

"I wonder how many of them are supernatural."

Liam pressed his nose against the glass, his eyes darting back and forth, "I'm not sure. I don't know if I could keep such a secret in a big city. But- OH MY GOD!!"

The little wolf jerked away from the window and slapped his hands over his eyes as if he had been burnt. You whipped your head around to see why his cheeks were burning red, and you laughed out loud at what you saw.

"Oh, the girls painted in red, white, and blue? I'm surprised by your reaction, actually. I think the girls walking past them are judging them more for being nude than they guys are. But, yeah, they take pictures with people that pay them. There's a 'naked' cowboy around here somewhere, too."

~~~

The next morning, you woke up in your shared apartment with the two girls and stretched. You had laid out all of your stuff the night before, and you were super excited. It was the last day of the year, and you didn't know what it would have in store.