Bookworm

Ok so this is a shorter chapter, but can we appreciate this newer post of Daniel's? Like, bless.

(Y/F/B)- your favorite book
(Y/F/D)- your favorite drink

You were sitting in one of your favorite restaurants in Beacon Hills. It was very chill and very open, like any normal coffee shop, and people usually went to take advantage of free wifi. The day was nice and clear, but you had decided to sit by the window in the air conditioning to read a book.

You tuned out the calm indie music as you became engrossed with the words written on the pages in front of you. The scene that was painted in your head shifted and swirled with each syllable, and you were drifted away into another land...

That is, until someone decided to place their finger on the top of your book and lower it so that you would look at them.

Now, there weren't many people that you knew who would dare interrupt you while you were reading. This was either a very brave soul, or a very stupid one. You were running through possible ways to casually murder the person when you looked up to see who it was.

A guy with light brown hair and a haughty demeanor had somehow snuck into the empty seat across from you, and smirked when you met his eyes,

"Hey, girl. Why is such a beauty stuck inside on a day like this?"

You rolled your eyes and smacked his hand away from your book,

"Who are you and why are you disrupting my reading?"

Your blunt question didn't even phase him, "Call me Theo. You're hot, so I wanted to talk to you. What's your name, book worm?"

You let out a dry laugh, "You really expect me to tell you after you called me a worm?"

Just at that moment, a waitress brought you (Y/F/D),

"Here's your order, Miss (Y/N)! Have a nice day!"

You sighed as Theo raised his eyebrows, "Oh! So, you're (Y/N)! I've heard your name around school. I'm glad that I get to put a face with a name."

You rolled your eyes as you took a sip of your drink, "Good for you."

You raised your book so that it blocked his face, but he simply moved it down again,

"Why is your book so much more interesting than me, huh?"

"There are a lot of things more interesting than you. For example, I would prefer being chased by a pack of wolves to spending a moment in your insufferable presence."

You turned to look at the person who had spoken. A guy with curly hair and bright blue eyes was dragging his chair over to your table, and his friend followed him.

Theo rolled his eyes, "Oh god, Isaac, did I even ask for you to join into this conversation?"

You were confused when the other one with tan skin and dark hair glanced at your cup. He completely ignored Theo's comment as he smiled to you,

"(Y/N), there you are! Thank you for waiting for us! Theo, what are you doing here?"

You sat back in your seat and glanced between Theo and the new guys. Isaac winked at you as Theo stared at the other with distaste,

"What are YOU doing here, Scott? I don't think (Y/N) is here for a meeting."

Isaac raised his eyebrows,

"Oh, and you suddenly know everything about her after you JUST met her? We're here for our book club meeting. And (Y/N),", he glanced over at the book you were holding, "is catching up on the latest chapter in (Y/F/B)."

Theo glared at him, "Well, Isaac, if you know so much about the book, why don't you explain it to me?"

Scott interrupted, "Actually, we don't need to explain it to you because you're not a part of this meeting. I think it's time for you to leave."

Theo looked over at you and waited for you to defend him, but you just shrugged as you quickly caught on to the plan,

"Now do you see why the book is more interesting than you?"

Theo narrowed his eyes, "You stupid worm. You wouldn't even know someone was flirting with you if they kissed you on the lips. You're the dumbest-"

Isaac leaned forward, and his voice dropped to a dangerous tone, "I would stop right there. Not another word. Now, get out."

Theo shoved his chair back so that it fell to the floor before he stormed out of the building. You suddenly felt uncomfortable with the two strangers sitting next to you. However, they high-fived.

Scott smiled at you, "Sorry if you didn't want us to step in, but Theo isn't the nicest guy in town. Also, it looked like he was bothering you."

Isaac shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah, and you're not a worm."

You laughed, "Well, thank you for that! I was feeling a bit uncomfortable because he wouldn't leave."

Scott stood, "I'm glad we could help you out! We'll leave you alone to your reading now, and it was nice to meet you!"

Isaac cracked a smile as he beckoned for you to come closer. He whispered,

"Also, Theo doesn't know a thing about flirting. I could give him a run for his money. By the way, you're beautiful."

You thanked him as he shot you another wink and walked away with Scott.

When you glanced down at your still-open book, your book mark had been replaced with a piece of paper that had a phone number written on it. Now, that was flirting done right.

Don't forget to like and comment! I honestly love reading your comments; they make my day!