A favor

The rain poured down on Gotham city with no mercy. Harleen watched the rain drops fall from her ceiling, into the multiple buckets she had placed around her small, run down apartment. Her cat slept under the coffee table, seeking shelter from the water. "I'm a sucker for rain ace, but not inside." Harleen says with a sigh. She picks up her cell phone and dials her landlord for the fifth time that morning, voicemail. Again. "Hi Shane, it's Harleen Quinzel, again. My ceiling is really really in need of some attention so could-" she's cut off by another call. She sighs and quickly answers it. "Hello?" Her sweet voice chimes. "Quinzel, it's Simmons. We've got a situation." Her boss says, panic present in his voice. "What's happened?" She stands up, grabbing her jacket and keys. "The joker..is having a...rough morning." He says. Harleens heart races and she speeds out of her apartment. "I'm on my way."

It wasn't unusual for the joker to throw a tantrum on harleens days off, he had her wrapped around his finger after just 2 months. He knew she would rush to the asylum to comfort him.

Harleen drove quickly to the asylum, pushing fifteen past the speed limit, but not seeming to be going fast enough. She puts her beat down car in park, and jogs to the asylum doors. Mister Simmons is on the steps, watching the rain. "Hey, what's going on?" She asks, out of breath from her jog from the parking lot. "Harleen I think I'm going to authorize the daily sessions." He looks at her, her hair in a messy bun, in sweatpants and a baggy shirt. "Uh..was this a bad time Quinzel?" Simmons chuckles. "N-no! I've got clothes in my locker, I'll change. Thank you for the daily sessions mister Simmons, I really think I'm getting to him." She smiles at him. "Well you better get to him now, before he hurts someone." Simmons huffs, holding the door for her. Harleen enters the asylum, hearing the sounds of the patients screaming. Corey walks down the main corridor, an angered look on his face. "You go control that clown before I sent him for shock therapy." He hisses. "Yeah, I'm going I'm going." She rolls her eyes at the officer, and makes her way to the session room.

"Fuck this place!" The joker screams. Loud banging comes from the room, Harleen quickly entering to find the joker slamming his head onto the metal table. "Jesus Christ!" She shrieks running over to him, roughly grabbing his shoulders to stop him. The joker breathes heavily, blood dripping from his forehead. "What the hell?" She says examining the cuts. "I'm fine." He growls. "If they'd let me out of this FUCKING jacket!" He thrashes around in his chair. "Hey, hey! Stop! Or they'll do things to you that will make that jacket look like a walk in the god damn park!" She yells, causing him to stop, a smirk creeping onto his lips. "Doctor, you're that comfortable with us?" He motions towards her clothes. "They called me in, it's my day off." She sighs sitting across the table from him. "Indeed." He says, his eyes watching her. "Why are you acting like this?" She questions. "Acting like what doctor? Insane? I am in an asylum darling." He laughs. "Simmons granted me daily sessions." She says, looking at the blood on his forehead. "Hmm, then I suppose my plan worked." His smile fades into a frown. "Your plan?" She stands up walking across the room, feeling his eyes move with her body. "I wouldn't voluntarily act this way, of there wasn't something I wanted in return. You see, Doctor Quinzel. I think we're really getting to the root of my problem but, a half hour a week with you?" He chuckles. "How am I supposed to become an average citizen of this fine city, without more help from such an amazing psychiatrist?" He speaks. Harleen could feel his eyes on her as she grabs a small first aid kit from a cabinet, before returning to the table, not replying to his words. "A psychiatrist and a nurse? So talented." He smirks up at her. She rolls her eyes at him. "I'm not a nurse, hold still." She cleans the blood from his face, placing some gauze over the wound. "Hold thi- nevermind." She mumbles. The joker laughs. "What a joke!" He roars. Harleen sits on the table, tending to his wounds. "You've gotta cut this shit out now, okay? No more bashing your head off things or, attempting to bite the fingers off the officers. You've got daily sessions now. You've gotta calm down okay?" She says to him. He smiles sweetly. "Anything you say, Doctor Quinzel."
************
"It's healed up pretty well." Harleen runs her ringer along the healing cut on the jokers head. "Hmm it's been three weeks Harleen, let it go." He says with slight annoyance. She sighs and sits down across from him. "So let's talk about the bat." She says lightly. Like a switch, the joker doesn't move, a frown on his face. "What about the bat?" He growls. "You're here because of batma-" the joker cuts her off. "I'm HERE because I WANTED TO BE HERE!" He screams, lunging forward, not able to get far due to his restraints. Harleen trembles. "I'll fucking kill batman! I'll fuckin kill him!" He screams, thrashing around in his seat. The guard opens the door, "calm down clown! Or we'll make you!" He says harshly. "Oh you'd regret that you fucker!" He screams at the guard. Harleen backs away from the table. "T-take him out Corey." She stutters. "You're a coward Quinzel! A fuckin coward!" The joker laughs wildly. "You knock your shit off! Or you'll go to electro- therapy!" Officer Corey jerks the joker upwards so he's standing. "Come on bastard, do your best!" The clown laughs. "Let's move." The officer drags him from the room. Doctor Quinzel rushes after them. "No!" She screams. The joker smirks at her as he's dragged to the electro-therapy room. "Don't! He's just having a natural reaction to the treatment!" She attempts to follow them into the room but is locked out, doctors strap the clown to the table, and Harleen watches through the window. The joker doesn't take his eyes off her. "Don't touch him!" She bangs her firsts on the door  and he smiles at her. The doctor holds two charges against his temples. "Low charge please." He says. "STOP!" The doctor kicks the door now, knowing what's happening is her fault. "Hit it." The doctor says. The jokers body jerks and his back arches as electricity is shot through him. Doctor Quinzel turns away, covering her mouth with her hands before vomiting all over the corridor floor.
***********
It had been a week since the bad session with the joker, he had been put in solitary confinement, no treatment. He was getting out today, and Harleen had never been so nervous. After being stricken with a violent stomach bug after she witnessed the shock therapy, she couldn't face work, and had taken the week off, but she would see him today. She slowly walked to the session room, her heart pounding out of her chest. Officer Corey opens the door but doesn't look at her. "Have fun with that freak." He hisses. "I will." She spits back, he slams the door behind her, forcing her to face him. His eyes were on her, bruises on his temples. She felt tears sting at her eyes as she tried hard not to let them fall. "M-mister J I-" she's cut off by a calm voice. "Ah. An apology." He says, a blank look on his pale face, he shoots a glare at the chair across the table, silently telling her to sit, and she listens. "I didn't mean for that to happen Mister J. I never wanted them to hurt you." She says softly. "But you let them." He says, his stare intense, and heavy. "I tried to stop them.. I did.." The tears building in her eyes falls. "Crying makes you weak Quinzel." He says roughly. "I forgive you. There's no sense holding a grudge." His look lightens. She breathes heavily and wipes her tears. "I'm really sorry." She whispers. "Perhaps there's something you can do for me." He coo's. She perks up. "Anything, yeah!" She watches him. The jokers Erie smirk slowly slips onto his face and he looks into her eyes. "I need a machine gun."