Debt

The joker opens his eyes in an unfamiliar bed. He sits up, looking around the white room. He shakes his head in confusion and feels his chest, a deep scar. "A scar? What the hell?" He stands up and opens the door to the room, music plays somewhere in the unfamiliar house.

He leaves the room and walks down the hall, descending down a staircase to a large kitchen. A man stands and dances around to the music. "T-tree?" He stutters. Tree turns and smiles at him. "Good to see you boss." He says, wrapping his arms around the joker.

The joker trembles. "I-I don't understand." He mumbles. Tree shrugs his shoulders, handing the joker a mug of coffee. "I didn't either at first. I didn't understand how I died, and then woke up. Yet that's what happened." Tree says. The joker looks at him confused. "Where is this?" The joker asks. "I don't know boss. Sometimes you can hear what's going on in the real world but.. You can never go back." Tree explains. "So it worked...I'm...you're..." "Dead. Dead as disco mister J." Tree says with a laugh.

The joker sits down and takes a sip of the coffee. He was confused. He felt like he was going to be sick. "H-Harley!" He says suddenly. Tree looks at him carefully. "Haven't seen her boss." He says honestly. The joker sighs. "Bats killed her." The joker says angrily. "Instead of killing the bat, you let him kill you. Thus ending not only your second joy in life, but your life." Tree says sipping his own coffee.

The joker looks up at him. "Nothing could come close to the pain of living my life without Harley. She made the game with Bat pointless. She used to get so excited.." The joker laughs remembering. "She was so fearless." Tree says in agreement.

The sound of mumbling pulls the jokers attention away from his own thoughts. "Sounds like deadshot." Tree points out. The joker tries to listen but can't make out any of the words. He sighs and puts his head in his hands.
**************
Captain boomerangs fingers brushed along Harley's cold cheek. She looked so small in the large coffin, placed next to the joker. "She'll be happy forever man. She's being buried with the man she loves." Deadshot says to him. Boomerang shakes his head. "It's my fault." He says honestly. Deadshot pulls him away from the bodies and sits him down on a chair. "Cut that shit out. None of us feel bad for you. What's happened, happened. Nothing's bringing them back. They aren't coming back. So you get your shit together." Deadshot says harshly before walking away.

Boomerang sighs and stands up, taking another look at the pairs bodies, before walking into another room.
************
Rick placed flowers next to the coffin, looking down at the joker and Harley. "I'm sorry." He says softly.

Diablo places a hand on Ricks shoulder. Rick nods. "June apologizes for not being here.. She felt pretty sick today." Rick says softly. Diablo smiles. "No worries man. She's getting pretty close to her due date, needs to rest up." He says with a kind tone.

Rick sighs and places a hand over Harleys. "Tragic." He says softly. "Guess the joker really loved her after all huh?" Diablo says, looking over the pair.

They walk away from the coffin and sit in the back of the room. "What's going to happen to Gotham now?" Deadshot questions. Boomerang shrugs. "Guess batman gets it back." He says harshly. Diablo shakes his head. "Nah...nah man J wouldn't want that. We've gotta make this place hell for the bat." He growls.
**********
The jokers hands shook as he threw more glasses at the walls. "Come on baby.. Daddy's waiting for you." The joker thinks to himself.

Tree watches as another glass shatters against the wall. He sips his coffee. "Maybe she's stuck." Tree says suddenly. The joker throws another glass. "Stuck where?!" He growls. "She doesn't want to let go of living. She's not allowing herself to move on." Tree says.

The joker grabs a knife and storms out of the room. Tree sighs heavily. "Welcome home." He says with a laugh.
**********
Tree stumbled into a large room. The walls covered in her name. The joker laid in the middle of the floor staring at the ceiling. "She promised she'd never leave me again." The joker says lightly.

Tree joins him on the floor, laying next to him. "It wasn't her who broke that promise. It was batman." Tree says. The joker tenses up at his name. "I'll kill him." The joker says harshly.

Tree laughs. "But you're already dead." He says softly.
************
Deadshot watched as the jokers henchmen said their goodbyes to him. Diablo had fallen asleep in a chair, and boomerang sat alone at the other end of the large room, crying to himself. Rick sat silently with deadshot. "Kinda romantic." He says suddenly. "Like Romeo and Juliet." Deadshot agrees.

The lights in the room begin to flicker. "W-what's going on?" Boomerang shouts. Suddenly the room falls pitch black and deadshot stands up. "Who's doing this?" He shouts. The lights come back on and everyone looks around the room. "No.." Rick says running to the front of the room. "He's gone!" Rick yells. Deadshot joins him, to find only Harley in the large coffin. "Someone fuckin stole a body?" Diablo questions.

Captain boomerang joins them at the front of the room. "Who would do that? For what reason?" Rick asks, trying to think of a motive. "Batman maybe?" Boomerang suggests. "Yeah, maybe if he was alive but why-" suddenly Rick is cut off by arms pushing them out of the way.

Diablo lets out a high pitch scream as the joker pulls Harley's body out of the casket. "W-w-w-WHAT THE FUCK?!" Deadshot shakes. "Shut the fuck up." The joker hisses as he sets Harley's body on the ground. "Come on baby, come to daddy." He smirks before pressing his lips to Harley's.

The men look at them in shock. Suddenly, Harley's limp arms wrap around the jokers neck, earning another scream from Diablo.

The joker wraps his arms around Harley's body and pulled her close to him, deepening the most passionate kiss they've shared. "Nice to see you again Harley girl." The joker Coos. "You and me for always Puddin." Harley smirks.

The men stare blankly at the pair. "I'm not the only one seeing this shit..I wasn't slipped something? I'm not on drugs?" Deadshot mumbles.

Suddenly June enters the room, walking up to the joker. "There. No more debt." June says sternly. The joker smiles at her as he lifts Harley to her feet. "No more debt my dear." The joker smiles.

"Better than going after the bat." A voice chimes. "Ah. Nice of you to join the party old friend." The joker says as tree makes his way to Harley, who excitedly jumps into his arms.

Rick moves to June. "Do you understand how dangerous that was?! Conjuring enchantress could have killed the baby!" He screams. June smiles and places ricks hand on her stomach, the baby kicking. "It's a girl." She says softly. Rick smiles widely and kisses her passionately.

The jokers arms snake around Harley's waist, his lips pressing against her cheek. "Come on baby. Let's go home." He says, pulling her towards the exit.

Deadshot grabs his gun and shakes his head. "Church." He says with a huff, following them into the streets of Gotham.