Unexpected Allies

Authors note:
I know I promised an update earlier in the week but I was so so sick. I kept trying but I was sleeping 16-18 hours every day. So I'll try to make this one good and a bit longer than normal to make it up to you guys. ALSO! Who saw the extended cut TRAILERS?! So excited and happy that Warner brothers decided to put out this version of the movie. I'm excited to see more of harleen and joker before she was Harley. I'm going to use the TRAILERS as inspiration for this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy and I continue to thank you for your support. I love getting comments and messages from you guy. Please continue to vote for the chapters, and let me know what you think. Also, don't forget you can private message me a prompt for a one shot, I currently have two that have been requested, it would mean a lot to me if you'd check them out! Thanks guys! Enjoy!
*******************************
Harley kept her hands pressed against the jokers gun shot wound. His eyes kept closing, and he was losing the strength to keep them open. Harley looked around the small empty room superman had put them in. Nothing but a sewer port in the floor, and a large metal door. Harley had tried to open the port, not that she was too crazy about escaping through gothams sewage, but she knew the joker was losing time.

"Come on Puddin keep your eyes open!" Harley says as she shakes him. A weak smile forms on his lips. "Do you remember Arkham?" He mumbles. Harley looks confused. "Do I remember Arkham? Of course I remember Arkham. Now shut up!" She huffs as she presses against his stomach, her hands covered in his blood. "Doctor Quinzel." He says with a chuckle. Harley looked at his face as his eyes closed. "No, come on mister J please don't do that stay awake." She pleads, wiping her tears with her shoulder awkwardly. "Please help him!" Harley screams.

Captain boomerang opens the heavy door, beer in hand. "What's that doll face?" He asks. "Please, boomer don't let him die. This isn't you." She says angrily. "Perhaps this wasn't me in my first life, or my second. But is me in my third. Let him die. And once he's dead Bats gets Gotham. Arkham gets Harleen back, but not as a doctor." He chuckles and watches as the jokers eyes close, not opening again. "Hey now big fella!" He says loudly, causing his eyes to flutter open again. "That's right mate. I want you to suffer." He smirks. "Hope you enjoy your last few minutes together." He spits as he slams the door.

Harley lets out a sob and the jokers arms weakly pull at hers. "What are you doing?" She questions. "Please." He says softly. "Lay with me." His words come as a weak whisper, but Harley doesn't object. She lays down, her head softly on his chest, her hands still pressed to his stomach. He weakly pulls her hands away, placing them on his chest. She choked on a sob as her shaky fingers traced his tattoos slowly. "If I'm going to die, i want to die like this." He whiskers, his hands playing with her hair. "Please don't leave me." She whispers. "We'll meet again my love." He coos. Harley's fingers traced his jester skull. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the feeling, warm tears falling onto his skin.

The jokers mind began to wander, back to Arkham, before she made him soft.
***
Tree slammed Harley onto the table of the ElectroTherapy room. "Get off me!" She shrieks. The joker smirks as he walks into the room, his arms held open as his men tie her down. "What do we have here?" He chuckles as Harleen strains her neck. "M-Mister J!" She says with relief. He grabs the lap on the table and harshly angles it down. "Doctor! This patient is clearly in distress!" He says in a mocking tone. "W-what?" She says shakily. "I helped you!" She screams. The joker bends down, his eyes peering into hers. "You left me in a black hole of rage and confusion. You hurt me Doctor." He growls. "I didn't mean to hurt you you know that!" She objects. The jokers firsts slam down on the table on either side of her head. "Bullshit!" He yells. His hands move to his belt buckle, pulling off the brown piece of leather. "Now open up doc, don't want those pretty teeth to shatter when the juice hits you." He says with a smirk as he offers the belt to her. "What are you gonna do? Are you gonna kill me mister J?" She questions. He smirks. "Oh. I'm not gonna kill ya. I'm just gonna hurt ya. Really. Really. Bad." He says with a laugh. Harleen stiffens. "You think so? Well I can take it." She says harshly. The joker smirks. "Open up." He says loudly as Harleen takes the belt between her teeth.