An Alibi

Rick Flag

Rick stumbled into his and June's apartment, his eyes blood shot from crying. June sat on the couch drinking a cup of tea. She smiles at him, to which he smiles back. "How are my girls doing?" He says walking to her, kissing her stomach. "We don't know that the baby's a girl yet honey." She laughs. Rick smile. "Got a feeling." He kisses her cheek.

"How was work?" She looks at the television. Rick nods. "The usually." He says bluntly. She looks at him strangely. "Nothing interesting?" She questions. Rick shakes his head. "Nope." He looks at her. "No leads on where the escaped ones might be?" She looks concerned. "Those 'escaped ones' saved yours and our babies lives June Bug. If I'm being honest, I'm not even trying to look for them." Rick says honestly, holding her hand.

June's face calms. "I guess you're right.. But now we're in debt to the joker." She whispers. Rick wraps an arm around her. "Well when he gets a hold of me you'll know baby." He says bluntly. She sighs. "Don't forget I've gotta go away next week for work." He says getting off of the couch. "Yeah I know, I'm going to say at mom." She says changing the channel to the tv.

Rick enters the kitchen and lets out a small groan, clutching his side. He lifts his shirt to see his darkly bruised ribs. "Fuck." He mumbles grabbing an ice pack.
**********
The joker stumbled into the house, slamming the door. Tree tensed up as he saw him, clearly drunk. "You okay boss?" He asks carefully. "Where is she?" He hisses. Tree shakes his head. "I think she fell asleep on the couch what's going o-" the joker interrupts her with a loud scream. "Harley!" He storms towards the living room. "Don't let her be alone don't let her be alone" tree mumbles following him.

Harley jerks awake as he screams. The hyenas growling quietly. "P-puddin?" She sits up as the joker storms into the room. His face angry. "Harley..you better be truthful with daddy." He says coldly. "A-about what?" She runs her hand through Bonnie's fur. The joker growls. "Take them out." He says to tree. Diablo sits in the corner of the room watching in shock as the hyenas are removed, the joker yanking Harley out of her seated position by her shirt. "Did you fuck him." The joker growls. Harley trembles. "Fuck who?!" She cries. "CAPTAIN BOOMERANG!" The joker screams in her face, causing her to erupt in tears. "Come on man that's fucking ridiculous and you know it!" Diablo shouts. "Tell me the god damn truth Harley!" He screams again, shaking her. "No!" She cries. "Why would I do that puddin!?" She sobs heavily. He lets her go, allowing her to fall back onto the couch, his hands shaking rapidly as he storms from the room. Diablo instantly rushes to her. "Shhhh hey hey hey maybe he just had a bad night calm down." Diablo hugs her as she cries, looking down the hall.
***********
The jokers knuckles dripped blood onto the floor as he slammed his hand into the wall again, his office covered in holes.
Fucked up...you fucked up.

"Get out of my head!" The joker screams as he hits the wall again.

Tree opens the door, rushing to him. He grabs his arms and holds them. "Boss, cut this shit out!" He scolds. "Harley's down there thinking she did something wrong, we both know she would never do that to you." He growls.

The joker stares blankly up at the tall man. "I know." The joker says softly. "You let Rick get to you." Tree mumbles. The joker nods. "Go get yourself cleaned up and you go make things right." Tree says roughly before leaving the room. The joker looks at the walls and trembles. "What the hell have I done?" He questions himself before leaving his office.
**********
Harley looked at the ceiling of their room, laying in the center of their large bed. Tears fell from her eyes and she shook her head. She didn't understand what she had done. Sleep with captain boomerang? Where'd he hear that?

A knock at the door snaps her from her thoughts, but she doesn't react. They'd go away eventually. The door opens and without looking Harley points her pistol at the door. "Fuck off, I'm not in the mood." She huffs. "You gonna shoot me Harley girl?" The jokers voice chimes.

Harley's heart pounded in her chest. "Maybe." She says softly, lowering the pistol.

The joker took in a deep breath and moved to the side of the bed. Harley continues to stare up at the ceiling. "Harley.." He says softly. "Harley turns her head, tears spilling out of her crystal eyes. "H-how could you think I'd do that to you puddin? You really think I'd ever want anyone but you?" She cries and he looks down at her, guilt eating at him.

He reaches down and scoops her into his arms, laying on the bed with her. She wrapped herself around him, pressing her face into his chest. "I was wrong." He says gently. His fingers run through her hair. "Harley I'm sorry I touched you like that.. I was angry." He sighs. Harley shakes her head. "I don't care about that, I care that you thought I'd sleep with kangaroo boy. Or anyone other than you for that matter." She looks at him.

The jokers lips press softly to hers, her body instantly melting against him. He cups her face in his hands and whispers against her lips. "I love you." He smiles as she presses her lips to his again. "Forever?" She whispers. "And always my dear." He says with a smirk.
**********
Diablo and deadshot sat at the kitchen island, not saying anything. Boomerang walks in and looks at them. "You're screwed man." Deadshot says honestly. "Am I?" He says sitting down. "You slept with Harley?" Deadshot questions. Boomerangs face hardens. "Yeah mate, fucked her right on this island." He says patting the counter top. Tree steps over to him easily punching him in the nose. "You better watch what you fucking say." He warns.

Boomerang touches his face and shakes his head. "Someone tell me what the hell is goin on?" He groans. "Rick must have told boss you slept with his girl." Diablo says lightly. Boomerang lets out a hearty laugh. "Yeah, because we all think that's true." He says rolling his eyes. "Apparently boss did when he had Harley off the ground by her shirt." Deadshot mumbles.

Something in boomerang snaps and he takes off through the house, heading towards their room.
************
Harley's fingers lingered on the jokers skin. He was nearly asleep. Suddenly the door bursts open and captain boomerang pulls the joker out of bed. "What are you doing?!" Harley shrieks. "Get out Harley." The joker orders, afraid that boomerang would hurt her. "You crazy? I'm not going anywhere!" She looks at him.

"You put your hands on her?" Boomerang says roughly. "Yes, just a few minutes ago actually." The joker smirks. "Put him down boomer!" Harley yells. Boomerang strikes the jokers nose, blood pours out of it. The jokers laugh travels through the halls, tree rushes up the stairs. "You didn't think to fuckin ask me mate?! You thought I slept with her?" He screams at the joker. Harley jumps on boomerangs back, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Boomers hands drop the joker and instinctively flip Harley over his shoulders, slamming her into the ground, instantly regretting it.

The jokers face hardens, his eyes darkening. Harley screams loudly as she hits the ground. Tree rushes into the room stepping in between the joker and boomerang. His eyes look at Haley, blood coming from somewhere under her. "Her scars open." Tree says. "Deadshot!" He screams, deadshot coming into the room. "Get the doctor here now, take her out." He says.

Deadshot picks Harley up, her blood staining his shirt. The joker trembles with rage. "I'm going to end your life." He says bluntly. "You're going to die and it's going to be painful. Slow." He growls. Boomerang laughs. "Come on then mate."

The joker draws his pistol and shoots, tree quickly steps in front of captain boomerang, the bullet penetrating his stomach. The joker lets out am aggregated scream and boomerang catches tree before his body hits the floor. "Oh shit!" He yells. "You better get that Doctor quick mate!" Boomerang yells down the stairs.

Tree looks up at the joker and smiles. "You be real good to her boss.." He says lightly. The joker shakes his head. "You're going to be fine." He says taking his hand. "She's your sanity..and you, her madness." Tree smiles and looks at boomerang. "Don't touch her. Ever again." He says, his blood pouring from the wound as the joker tries his best to stop it. "Don't say that, you're going to be fine!" The joker trembles. "You're a good man Mister J.. Take good care of our girl." He says again.

Tears fall from the jokers eyes now. Trees eyes flutter, and the joker slams his fist against the ground. "Kiss the baby for me." He says softly, his eyes slowly closing.