Detination

"The Joker." Deadshot says as he watches Harley with him. "Ya know I never met the guy, didn't think he was real." Diablo says. Rick tries his best to hold himself together. "Oh he's real." He says shakily, grabbing his gun. The joker sees him coming and he possessively tightens his grip on Harley.

"You've got a lot of balls, coming around here being on the countries most wanted list." Rick says. "No need to get yourself worked up soldier, I've come to collect what's mine, and I'll be on my way." The joker says with a smile.

"Oh she's not yours. As of now, Harley's the property of Belle-Reve." Rick spits. Harley glares at him. "B-but you said if we did this, we would be free, all charges dropped." She looks to the others, deadshot stepping up. "Flag." He says angrily.

Rick begins to cry again, lowering his gun. "I had to tell you that.. I had to make you believe that." He says looking to them. Boomerang pushes passed deadshot getting in Ricks face. "I don't think so mate, now I'm gonna catch a ride home with Mister J and the little darlin over there, deadshot could use a ride back to Gotham, Diablo.. Well mate not sure where you're from, but he'll need a ride." He says. The joker looks at Harley, his hands on her stomach.

"I can't let you go.." Rick says softly. "I'm sorry." He mumbles. "So we kill him." The joker says simply. Harley spins around, looking at her lover. "We can't puddin.. He just lost his wife and...and his baby." Harley says. The jokers face softens. Something about children being hurt had always angered Harley. "Harley we-" the joker is interrupted by a loud scream. "Rick!"

Rick spins around. "JUNE!" He screams back. Lex Luthor held a gun to her head, standing on a balcony of a hotel they were standing in front of. "An eye for an eye, is that how this works?" He yells down to them. Rick aims his gun at them. "Deadshot take him out." He growls. Deadshot looks threw his scope and shakes his head. "The bombs strapped to him flag. I take him out, I take her out." He says, lowering his gun.

"Well! If I'll be damned, how are you J?" Lex calls down to the joker. His arms hold Harley close to him. "I'm lovely." He answers sarcastically. "Let's stop fucking around lex, give the man his wife back, I'd like to go home." He says with an aggregated sigh.

"Ah but that's not how this is going to play out my friend. Your heroic Rick Flag killed my wife, it's only fair that I kill his." Lex growls.

Their heads turn to see ricks blank expression. "It was a car accident... It wasn't my fault." He whispers. Harley breaks out of the jokers arm, a fearful noise coming from him as she does so. "Lex? I'm comin up!" She says. The joker grabs her hand and pulls her backwards towards him. "What do you think you're doing?" He scolds. Harley smiles sweetly at him. "We both know what it feels like to be without the only thing that keeps them sane puddin.. We've gotta help." She leans up, kissing his cheek, before heading for the hotel door.

The joker watches her go. Deadshot watches too. "You got a bad bitch J." He mumbles. "I shot the last man who said that." The joker replies simply. A chuckle comes from boomerang. "Don't take it personal bullet."
*********
It takes Harley awhile to climb the 9 flights of stairs, but she emerges onto the balcony, lex smiling at her. "So lovely to see you again Harley." He holds the gun to June's head still. Harley's eyes study her. "You were dead." She says softly. "Funny what a witch can do." She says shakily.

Harley looks over the edge, her eyes connecting with the jokers. He rocks back and forth, his breathing becoming heavy. Diablo watches him. "What's with him?" He whispers to boomerang. "He's in love. Love fucks you up." He says taking a beer out of his jacket pocket.

Harley looks at the bomb strapped to lex's chest, a soft smile on her face. "She's pregnant.." Harley whispers. Lex simply shrugs his shoulders. "It means nothing to me." He says, watching her. Harley steps towards him, admiring June's stomach. She reaches out and softly places a had on her bump, a sob coming from June. "Have you picked out any names yet?" She questions.

June chokes on her sobs. "D-Dylan for a boy..and..and...Lou for a g-girl." She cries. Harley smiles, tears falling from her own blue eyes now.

Lex watches Harley, intrigued by her behavior. "Harley, go back to Joker, before you get yourself hurt." He says coldly. Harley smiles at him, placing a hand on her own stomach. "I can't do that lex.." She cries.

In a swift movement, Harley raises her foot, kicking the gun from Lex's hand, June runs for the door and Harley tackles lex, the both of them flying over the railing, spiraling towards the ground.

The joker screams. "Catch them!" Rick yells, Diablo and deadshot run towards them, lex and Harley falling onto them. Harley screams loudly, the joker running to her.

A knife buried to the handle, into her side.  The sudden beeping of the bomb now sounding. Boomerang quickly grabs Harley. "CLEAR OUT!" Rick screams, they all head in different directions as fast as they can, the bomb, along with Lex detonating behind them.

Harley screams in agony, blood pouring from her side. "Get a god damn chopper down her now!" Rick yells into his radio, taking his pack off.

Boomerang sets Harley on the ground, the joker pulling her into his lap, sobbing heavily. "Shh, shhhh I'm here Harley girl, look at me. Me and you baby." He coos in attempts to keep her calm. Harley looks up at him, her body in shock. A smile forms on her lips, her blood spilling onto the joker. "You got all dressed up for me." She says, her hand lightly falling onto his chest. "Oh you know I'd do anything for you." He presses his lips to hers.

Deadshot rips his suit, handing him a scrap of cloth. "This isn't gonna be pleasant princess." Boomerang mumbles, kneeling next to her. The jokers eyes stare into hers. "Give her something to bite on." Rick orders, Diablo slips off his belt handing it to the joker. The joker smirks. "Just like old times baby." He says, slipping it into Harley's mouth before bending down, holding her head so she couldn't see.

"You lift her, and tie that tight, the second it's out of her, got it?" Rick says to the boys. "Let's get it done flag she's already lost a lot!" Deadshot yells. Harley's body begins to relax, her eyes flutter.

Rick quickly grabs the handle of the knife, yanking it out of her. Boomerang lifts her body and blood pours from the would as deadshot ties the cloth around Harley's body. Harley screams loudly against the material of diablos belt, the joker whispers softly to her. "You're gonna be okay Harley girl, I promise."

June runs to Rick, kissing him hard as the helicopter lands on the street, Harley slipping into unconsciousness.
*********

The joker stood in the Belle-Reve medical room, a doctor walking in. "Is she okay?" He growls. The doctor nods. "She'll recover but..something came up.." He says softly. The joker watches him carefully. "Mister...J..." He mumbles. "Harley seemed to..be carrying a child." He says lightly. The jokers face hardens and he begins to shake. "Harley will be okay, but I'm afraid the child didn't make it." He places a hand on the jokers shoulder. "Im sorry." He says before exiting the room.

The joker stares blankly at the wall, before falling to his knees, screaming.