Rosa Diaz- Accident: Part 2 (c)

Rosa's world had fallen around her. She had always stayed strong, hiding everything she felt even from those whom were closest to her, but seeing the woman she was in love with, lying in a pool of her blood had been more than she could handle.

When the ambulance had arrived, they had to pry her away from the bleeding woman. Rosa and Y/N had met at the 99th precinct, instantly befriending each other and soon enough they had fallen for each other and were in a relationship. In most of her relationships she didn't want to divulge them to others, generally keeping most, if not all aspects of it a secret to others especially her colleagues. But with Y/N it was different. She was the first girl Rosa had been with seriously. She had always known she liked women but being in a relationship with one was a lot different, especially a woman whom she worked with.

None of their colleagues knew they were together, not until now.

Captain Holt had gone in the ambulance with Y/N, Rosa being in too much of a state within her thoughts to be able to go as well. She was no use to her like this.

The rest of the team were beyond confused. They had all heard Y/N tell Rosa that she loved her. It wasn't uncommon for Y/N to tell people she loved them but this time they could all tell it wasn't in a platonic manner.

"She's going to be okay," Amy said softly.

"But what if she isn't?" Rosa whispered.

Jake rested a hand onto Rosa's shoulder not sure how to handle her with so much emotion. It wasn't anything he'd seen from her, so he wasn't sure what to do.

"Why did she say what she said?" Jake questioned.

"Um... she... and I.... we... you know," Rosa stated monotonously.

She didn't know when she would be able to tell others that she was in a relationship with Y/N, but being covered in her blood, having seen her taken in an ambulance wasn't how she ever imagined.

"No, I don't know," Jake stated.

Charles smiled. The first smile from anyone since Y/N had been shot.

"They are together," he grinned.

Rosa nodded her head, not sure how else to explain the point.

"Why didn't we know?" Amy asked.

Rosa shrugged her shoulders. "I didn't want anyone to know. I... well she wanted to tell you, but I told her I wasn't ready for people to know about it. Now I wish I'd told you before."

"It's going to be okay," Jake said. "They're going to help her."

"Let's take you home to get showered and changed. Y/N's going straight into surgery and she's not going to want to see you like this when she wakes up," Amy smiled softly.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request