Jake Peralta- Sandwich (a)

"Alright, come on in!" Jake proudly presented his small studio apartment to you with wide open arms. "Make yourself at home!" He fleeted over the piles of clothes on the floor, hopped around the stacked pizza boxes and carefully stepped over the rubbish filled coffee table.

"Thanks for letting me stay, sorry for asking at such short notice." Jake made sure you knew that it was no hassle as he flung trash from the sofa and added it to the mountain that had accumulated on the ground. "Where should I put my stuff?" Your hand loosely clutched the small drawstring bag that you had managed to scrape together of essentials before the exterminators hurried you from your own abode.

"Wherever. You're sleeping in my bed so you can just put it in the bedroom or whatever. What do you want for food, you haven't eaten yet right?" You shook your head, almost lost your belongings as you tossed them through the open door and open Jake's bed and asked what he had in. "Depends what kind of stuff you want, I know people might not think it when looking at me but I'm a pretty decent chef."

"I'll have anything, I'm not fussy." You made sure you weren't planting yourself on a stale slice of pepperoni pizza as you collapsed onto the sofa.

"Hey, y/n..." Jake shouted through from the kitchen. "You aren't fussy about use by dates, are you?" He popped his head through the door with a slightly concerned furled brow.

"I guess it would depend on what the use by date was on?"

"Oh, it'll be fine." He shot back into the kitchen. "What's a few months between friends!"

"A few months?" Alarmed you called back. "Jake... a few months?"

"I'm joking, I'm joking." You heard the rattling of plates clashing against plates as he retrieved what was probably the only two clean pieces of cutlery in here. "It's only a few days on the bread. There was some greenies on the top few slices but I threw them away so that's nothing to be concerned about."

"Okay, I guess." You prayed to every god you knew the name of as you planned how you would inspect the food without him seeing.

"A sandwich is pretty much all I can do at the moment, I was due to go grocery shopping about three weeks ago but you know how these things go. It is no problem by the way, you see a spare slice in one of these boxes it's yours, finders keepers am I right?" He winked, sliding you the dubious sandwich.

~*~

Written by Aaron.