Rosa Diaz- Tech Monkey (c)

"Why do you need to go to the 78th Precinct?" Captain Holt asked.

You were making yourself a coffee from the machine, so you couldn't help but overhear the conversation between Captain Holt and Detective Diaz.

"I need their tech monkey to look into some bank info for me," Detective Diaz responded.

"That is not necessary Detective, we do have our own, as you called them, tech monkey," the Captain stated. "Miss Y/L/N."

At the call of your name you turned around to your boss and colleague. You obviously knew of Detective Diaz however she had never spoken to you before. None of the detectives had really spoken to you, well Detective Boyle once criticised the sandwich you were eating, but other than that all of your work had been given to you via the captain.

"Captain," you smiled softly, nodding your head towards him.

"Miss Y/L/N, Detective Diaz needs your help with one of her cases," he stated.

"Of course, Sir."

He left you alone with Detective Diaz whom had the same blank expression that she always had that frankly terrified you.

"You work here?" She questioned.

"Yep, my office is where the old storage cupboard was. Still smells like dirty socks even though I've been in there for the last eight months," you smiled softly, trying to be welcoming.

She cocked an eyebrow at you.

"How didn't I know you worked here? I've been driving to the 78th every time I need something technical done," she sighed.

"I'm invisible," you shrugged. "You all might not realise you're doing it but you look down on non-detectives that work here. I've been here eight months and not one of you has bothered to learn my name or acknowledge I even work here. It took Detective Scully twenty minutes to realise I was in my office when he snuck in to eat a sandwich. You all go to Captain Holt for help with tech stuff however he just passes it onto me."

It didn't bother you really, you got away with a lot in not being noticed by anyone however it sometimes hurt when people assumed you were here to pick someone up from holding or even you were a lawyer, when actually you worked in the same building as them.

"Oh," she said softly. "I guess I'm sorry."

"It's fine, honestly. I'm Y/N by the way," you smiled.

"Rosa," she nodded. "So, Y/N, could I come to your office and get some help with a case?"

You smiled back at her. "Of course. Follow me."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.