Jake Peralta- Rollercoaster (c)

You weren't a fan of theme parks. You didn't see the point in going around in a loop with your stomach churning and your legs turning to jelly- it just didn't seem like a fun concept to you. Even if you didn't want to go, your boyfriend did and he promised to buy you lunch there along with as many snacks as you wanted, so it was hard to turn him down.

Before you had even entered the gates of the theme park, you had told Jake that you weren't going on any rides, that you hated them and you were more than happy with your feet on the ground and he agreed, sadly it was a lie. He had planned from the off that you were going to end up on one of the most adventurous rollercoasters that the park offered and he was going to make sure that you couldn't say no.

After begging you for hours as you walked around and between him going on other rides, you gave in and agreed to go on the rollercoaster but made sure he was aware that if you died, you planned to haunt him. The queue was long and winding. With every step closer to your turn, your knees shook, and you tried to not burst into tears in fear whilst Jake tried to contain his excitement but was still jumping up and down.

"It's going to be great," he grinned, tugging on your hand to catch up to the queue that had moved forward barely a single step. "It's supposed to be the best in the country."

You shook your head, sure that all the colour in your face had drained.

"Hardly anyone dies on rollercoasters," he said attempting to reassure you. "It's going to be fine."

"I'm scared," you croaked. "Please don't make me go on it."

As you spoke the people in front of you got onto the rollercoaster, leaving you at the front of the queue for when it came back around.

"It's going to be fun. I wouldn't take you on something that was going to hurt you."

You didn't believe him. Jake's judgement wasn't the best and now wasn't a time for you to contemplate such a thing.

"It's going to be okay," he grinned. "Do you trust me?"

You shook your head violently, having no reason to trust him with something that could end up with you being killed. "No! No, I do not trust you!"

Jake rolled his eyes as the rollercoaster pulled back up, ready for you to have your turn. "You will after this."

He grasped hold of your hand and pulled your forward, leading you to what you deemed to be certain death.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.