Rosa Diaz- Dinner (c)

You had been in the kitchen since you had woken up many hours earlier. Although dinner didn't take nearly that long to cook, Rosa needed to know everything was prepared correctly and, on its way, to be on the table at the correct time. She was a rarely nervous person and that only made you more worried at her frantically making her way around your shared apartment. She made her way from you in the kitchen, preparing the three course dinner for the two of you and her parents, to the dining table to make sure it was immaculately set and then off to various areas of the apartment, cleaning everything she deemed imperfect.

Her relationship with her parents was slowly recovering from the lull that had come when she came out to them but that didn't make things any easier now. You had been dating for quite a while and shared an apartment, so things were going well but you had yet to meet her parents. You didn't rush her as you knew she was scared that they would say something cruel towards you, but you assured her that everything would be okay.

Now that dinner was too be served within the hour, you were pretty sure that Rosa was about to have a full-on breakdown. You left the kitchen to check on her, finding her sat on the edge of your shared bed, holding her head in her hands.

"I think we need to cancel," she whispered. "I can't do this."

"Hey," you said softly. "It's going to be okay. If you truly don't think you can go through this then that is okay and you can phone them and cancel, but I believe in you. I believe that you can do this."

She took a shaky breath and shook her head. "I really don't think I can do this."

You nodded your head as she tried to avoid eye contact with you. You cupped her cheeks, forcing her to look at your gentle smile, hoping it could help settle her fears even a little.

"Do you trust me?" You smiled gently.

Rosa nodded her head.

"Then you should know I am going to be with you every step of the way. You are going to keep your head held up high and you're going to be able to face this dinner and show your parents that you're happy. That's all they truly want of you," you assured her. "We can do this together."

A weak smile crept onto her lips as she took your hand in hers, hopeful that dinner would be okay for you both.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.