Terry Jeffords- Pull Up (a)

"Come on man! UP! UP! UP!" Sweat covered your whole body and almost caused your straining hands to slip off of the metal bar that you were hanging onto. "What are you gonna do when you're chasing a perp and he gets away because your sorry ass can't pull yourself over a wall?" Terry, who was also covered in sweat, stood next to you shouting into your ear in an attempt to motivate you.

"Sarge, I can not do this." You felt your grip slowly weaken from the bar.

"If you can't do this then you know that I have no choice but to take you off the team." The towel he carried was slung over his shoulder and he slowly walked over the floor mats to leave the gym.

"Sarge, there is no way Hitchcock and Scully managed to do this!" He turned back around.

"Don't be a dumbass agent, Hitchcock and Scully couldn't make it into the gym before they tuckered themselves out." Your feet hit the floor with a thud and you rubbed your sweaty palms on your trousers, looking up the bar looked so much higher than it actually was.

"Did you follow the diet plan I made for you?" He knew exactly what the actual answer was.

"Yes."

"Did you?"

"No."

"Well how far did you go off?" He looked at you like you were one of his daughters and you had misbehaved.

"Well, instead of having a banana and dry toast for breakfast I had a slice of banana... cake and a few pieces of toast."

"Dry toast?"

"Depends on how wet you think Nutella is." He did not look impressed.

"Okay, back on the bar."

"Sarge, I said I can't do it, if you need to kick me off the team then you kick me off the team."

"You know that isn't happening detective." He slowly and almost menacingly strolled towards you with outstretched arms and before you knew it, those arms were around your waist and lifting you into the air. He did not even strain as he carried you in the air.

"Grab the bar." You swayed in his arms as he lifted you higher and higher. "I'm not letting go until you pull yourself over that bar."

The bar almost stung your hands as you grabbed hold of it, as tightly as you could.

"Now just pull, it's really easy, ever since I had the twins I had to exercise in my sleep."

"Real helpful Terry."

With all your might you pulled and pulled, it was significantly easier than last time, was it Terry's inspiring words or was it the fact that he was literally lifting you up and over the bar?

~*~

Written by Aaron.